• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay - Paypal Resolution Center thoughts/experiences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was the first thing I did after telling Paypal to finalize the claim and give him the refund, but only as a simple "Sorry the drive didn't work for you, not sure why since it's working here fine." I have no desire to deal with or talk to that guy again.

The thing about paypal is they don't give the money back to the buyer or item back to the seller, they basically hold it until the situation is resolved. The thing about complaints is justified though. There has been about 4 times last year I got a bad item off ebay or it had missing parts. That is almost half of my purchases last year. I had to send back 2 defective cameras and a overheating video card. Also I was missing parts in a never open before camera box! Ebay can be shady to buyers and that is why complaining right away is very important. So even if the buyer had some troubleshooting issue that could be resolved I don't blame him from opening up a claim right away.

I disagree. I think opening up a claim quickly sets a bad tone and doesn't give the seller an adequate chance to address the situation. Most sellers with good ratings got them by being reasonable. That added to the fact that at one point the seller has BOTH the item in question AND the monies for said item. If they want to scroo you then there's a great opportunity to do so.

I got myself tangled with paypal and ebay. I sold item on ebay and buyer took advantage of me. I shipped item without signature required but with delivery confirmation. 3 days after the item was delivered buyer contacts me telling me that it was stolen and wants money back.

Now, my only chance is the Police report. If buyer is scamming me probably won't produce one. So I asked paypal to request police report but my luck was not good with paypal. Which partially my own fault since i didn't talk with right people. For example, I had old claim 3 months old that I couldn't get my money back. Today I was ****ed about that new one, so I called and talked with supervisor and got my money back. Surprising when I was talking with paypal reps they were useless and said there can't be anything else done.

Last edited:
Lame. It would seem reasonable that the seller's responsibility to deliver the product ends when the UPC code is scanned "delivered". How is the seller supposed to ensure that the buyer's neighbors aren't thieves? It's the buyer's responsibility to defend their own doorstep.

Lame. It would seem reasonable that the seller's responsibility to deliver the product ends when the UPC code is scanned "delivered". How is the seller supposed to ensure that the buyer's neighbors aren't thieves? It's the buyer's responsibility to defend their own doorstep.

I think this is a scam, buyer has 0 ebay rating with 4 year old ebay account and goes buying over $300 item on first purchase that can not be used by him.

And to add insult to the injury, you as a seller can't leave negative feedback for the zero rating scammer. Also future sellers would have no indication they're dealing with someone shady.

Back