• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lil mod of my own...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

I already have 2 blow holes in my secondary rig, on the main, the sides are off.
I just made a Y molex connector cause I was 1 short
I used 2 molexes cut from a very old & not working PSU... I just cleaned the wires on both the molex, soldered them together, and the insert the every (now) 1 wire to its position in the molex coming out of the PSU... then I hot glued them in place! Yay, now I have an extra molex conn. so I can add drive/fan w/o having to cut anything!

Excellent! My rule of thumb is: never mess with the original "daisy chain" of Molex plugs. I always use added splitters and extenders to get busy with "custom" plugs for adapters for CPU fans and the like.

How strong this hot glue actually is? I plan to use it to glue hdd ide cables and power cable to my case. So that I can just plug hdd in and out from case if I need to. But will the hot glue hold it enought hard?

PCTroll,
The hot glue should be fine. It has been in use for MANY years on all manner of projects from cloth to metals.

Some uncooth small computer assembly stores even use it to glue components in place (literally into the sockets) before shipping the system out.

its all good...:cool:

The Coolest said:
I already have 2 blow holes in my secondary rig, on the main, the sides are off.
I just made a Y molex connector cause I was 1 short
I used 2 molexes cut from a very old & not working PSU... I just cleaned the wires on both the molex, soldered them together, and the insert the every (now) 1 wire to its position in the molex coming out of the PSU... then I hot glued them in place! Yay, now I have an extra molex conn. so I can add drive/fan w/o having to cut anything!

great job, those cables are about 1~4 dollars online... a friend of mine was looking to buy some a few weeks ago :)
glad to see u saved some cash :)

Back