• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X3 @ X4 ? The ultimate OC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

Something went wrong with AMIbios and there is an option to turn on the 4th core. LINK

Seems some people might have a real gem on their hands with those biostar mobos if the story turns out to be true.

This is actually wonderful because we can confirm that AMD's yields might not be bad after all and they sell fully working auds as triples, or even duals ? :eek: I need a dual Deneb before they fix it. :beer:

Yeah there is another post going on about this. So it is only Biostar boards that can do this? Can we get a full technological explanation?

Check your CPU configuration area thingy majiger.

Wonder if you can do it through AOD?

Very interesting, but I would assume its only on 790/SB750 boards since it uses ACC and I'm thinking they're right when they say AMD must have had a reason to disable that core as I'm sure they aren't to the point where they're intentionally making X3s yet since the X4s are much more profitable.

Hmm... Funny, I have those same settings in my bios under cpu... With one exception, it says nvidia core calibration ( I have an nvidia chip set), but it gives the same options, auto, one core, all cores , per core. I think at least.

IT WORKS!!!! Have not tested for prime stability yet though....

edit... does fail prime95 after about 2 minutes, but I already have it overclocked to 3.5, maybe if i back down, it will be stable, i dont know

Last edited:
so confirmed working. that has to be almost the holy grail of what we OC'ers do. enable a factory disabled core and OC it on top of that.

Some where saying that even at 1Ghz it wasn't prime stable across all the cores. There is probably a reason why it was disabled but hey if you get a lucky one that works WOW.

wow!

remember trying to get the second core on those toledos to fire?

if i wasnt so tied up with intel stuff, id probably try out an amd

well see :)

edit:

wow it feels like its been forever since i posted here in the amd section, i should pop in here more :)

Last edited:
Back