Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quality Chinese products

Now I know this is probably fake but still, can you imagine if something like this happened?

http://tinyurl.com/d3h46y
    My Heatware
    i7 920@4Ghz/CM Cosmos 1000
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2/Enermax DXX 1KW
    OCZ Platinum 3x2GB
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD x2/WD Green 1TB x3
    Hanns-G 28in/HIS Radeon 6950
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Logitech Z-5500

You mean your desk chair has never blown up on you?

| Dell Studio17 Laptop |

| T9300 @ 2.5Ghz - ATI 3850 - 3GB RAM - Seagate 320GB 7200rpm - 17" (1920x1200) Glossy widescreen | Windows 7 64-bit |

Quote Originally Posted by inkfx View Post
    You mean your desk chair has never blown up on you?
    Blown up and exploded in my Anus? Nope hasn't happen yet although I'm sure if my office chair was made in China, it would be like a double edge sword. If the explosion doesn't kill you, the lead will.
    My Heatware
    OCZ Platinum 3x2GB

Senior Jedi Master
    Premium Member #9

"Quality Chinese products"

Isn't that an oxymoron?
    The will to live will always outweigh the ability to die

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    I've had a few chairs that broke off the post. Even thick 1/8" plate eventually cracked around the weld spot at the post and broke out. One of the chair claimed to hold up to 250 Kg (about 550 lbs) yet snapped off after only 3 months. I'm only 240 lbs and no way am I that heavy

After that exploding pole, I will probably stick to one that is either screw type adjust (slow but safer) or make sure it says Made in USA (and that shock post also made in USA!) easier to sue local company if it blows up into my butt.
    space for rent

How bad is it that this was the first thing that popped into my head?
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

Oni-ni-Kanabō
    Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
    OH HOLY GOD WTF?!

/me goes to get a bar stool to sit on.
    Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 930 @ Stock
    12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
    XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU

I am only sitting on those ergonomic balls from now on
    "Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard It'll leave you physically, mentally, and emotionally scarred"
    -50 Cent

Quote Originally Posted by twEEkerAreUs View Post
    Blown up and exploded in my Anus? Nope hasn't happen yet although I'm sure if my office chair was made in China, it would be like a double edge sword. If the explosion doesn't kill you, the lead will.
    I was being sarcastic.

This whole exploding chair business sounds like shenanigans to me.

| Dell Studio17 Laptop |

| T9300 @ 2.5Ghz - ATI 3850 - 3GB RAM - Seagate 320GB 7200rpm - 17" (1920x1200) Glossy widescreen | Windows 7 64-bit |

Yeah I call shenanigans as well! There is no blood or anything? I can see him getting slightly injured but not killed. Besides, "getting killed analy" is not even proper English. It's like a 4th grader wrote it, haha.

I buy my chairs from Germany so this kind of stuff doesn't happen. "Ya know the Germans always make good stuff" heh heh
    sig deleted by muddocktor-take it up with the Admins

Quote Originally Posted by inkfx View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

This whole exploding chair business sounds like shenanigans to me.
    Haha I know I was just adding to the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post
    "Ya know the Germans always make good stuff" heh heh
    SHAMWOW SLAPCHOP!
    My Heatware
    OCZ Platinum 3x2GB

Yeah I call shenanigans as well! There is no blood or anything? I can see him getting slightly injured but not killed. Besides, "getting killed analy" is not even proper English. It's like a 4th grader wrote it, haha.

I buy my chairs from Germany so this kind of stuff doesn't happen. "Ya know the Germans always make good stuff" heh heh
    lulz, at germans. They make good cars so far that I've seen. But not every german company is perfect I imaging. :\
    Do not break wind in the same room as a dark brother or sister; to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis. - Aynjell, in fond memory of Lucien LeChance

Disabled
    toilet paper

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aynjell View Post
    lulz, at germans. They make good cars so far that I've seen. But not every german company is perfect I imaging. :\
    Yes, noit all German companies are perfect. They built Hindenburg... left a big flaming wreckage and lot of dead bodies in its wake.
    space for rent

Senior Member overclocking at the speed of plaid Enablingwolf's Avatar
    Yeah I call shenanigans as well! There is no blood or anything? I can see him getting slightly injured but not killed.

That ran through my noggin also. If he bled out like the article is saying. There would of been a bit of blood on the seat. His rump would of taken most the impact and made some blood. Unless the body flew aross the room and left the seat before any leakage happened.

Also it looks like the chair is where it happened. Where is the blood there... If he had stuff forced into his cavity. There would be some bleeding at least. As he was on the floor bleeding anus juice. Maybe even a chunk or two taken off.

No one ever expects Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Quote Originally Posted by Enablingwolf View Post
    As he was on the floor bleeding anus juice.
    Thanks, that's going to be ringing around in my head for the next few hours.
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

I saw that article a couple days ago, and it really bothers me the number of people who believe that is actually possible, considering that it runs afoul of a couple laws of physics as well as the basic construction of the cylinder and chair. I'll save the long explanation, but essentially there's just not enough pressure there to break the stop on the piston, the metal bracket and the particle board chair bottom. Even if the stop on the piston broke off, it'd just instantly release all the pressure in the cylinder and sink back down anyway. Then there's the little problem of how the chair is mounted to the piston. I.e., the chair bottom bracket is mounted directly to the piston, so even if the piston somehow managed to shoot up through the bracket and chair bottom, that would mean the bracket had failed and the chair would no longer be attached to it, unlike what you see in the picture.

It's just more anti-China FUD, as seems to be so popular now.

Minus all the physics and construction. Basic visual forensics tells the tale. Otherwise I would of never made butt sauce jokes. I don't make jokes about stuff when I think someone is hurt actually.

It is not as good of a hoax. As that camera in the HD converter box.

Yeah, the gas cylinder in my chair doesn't 'store enough energy' to break much of anything...let alone punch a hole like that through the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by redwraith94 View Post
    Yeah, the gas cylinder in my chair doesn't 'store enough energy' to break much of anything...let alone punch a hole like that through the chair.
    The gas cylinder is force reactive. Though it would take a big 'ol fatty to generate enough energy to explode, while plopping their kheester down.. With enough return energy to vent a person's butt (or a pierce the mounting/seat plate of a chair first.) The pressed board seat pan would beak/strip the mounts before the cylinder would break..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast