• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reserator XT - Resurrected!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prime81

Well I just got done installing an MCP350 into my Reserator XT. I was gaming one night and the system began beeping which means the water flow had stopped or gone to a low level. So turned the system off, and installed my old asus artic square which stinks. I tried googling to see about pump replacements on the reserator but was unsuccessful in finding anything really. So I purchased an MCP350, now the power for the pump inside the reserator is a 3 pin FAN plug which the MCP350 is the big molex connector, but the pump also has a rpm sensor so I plugged that into the reserator's 3 pin. I then proceeded to run the pump's actual power(molex) out the back of the reserator. This in turn allowed me to plug it into the power supply on my PC. Walla, it works flawlessly and no more stinkin temps.

Anyway, it is now official that you can replace the reserator's pump with just about any pump you desire. :attn:

I'm thinking of doing the same to my Reserator XT...

- I've also seen recommendations to switch the tubing to (thicker) 3/8" tubes, and also a suggestion for a fix for the common problem with the flow indicator getting stuck.

How's the sound level of the MCP-350? Did you use the standard fittings, or did you have to wing it? Any other problems you found?

Back