• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on amd boards (nvidia or amd chipset) with onboard video and PCIe 16x slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarthel

question on amd boards (nvidia or amd chipset) with onboard video and PCIe 16x slot

Is it possible to use the onboard video and PCIe 16s slot at the same time? I'm planning to install a raid card on the PCIe 16s slot.

thank you :)

Is the question: is it possible to use the on-board video AND a PCIe video card?

If that's the question, then I don't believe so (for sure NOT in Vista) - unless they use the same video drivers and what not. I actually tried this myself in trying to get a 3rd monitor working and it failed to the extreme....

Agreed! :)
Is the question: is it possible to use the on-board video AND a PCIe video card?

If that's the question, then I don't believe so (for sure NOT in Vista) - unless they use the same video drivers and what not. I actually tried this myself in trying to get a 3rd monitor working and it failed to the extreme....
That's the way I understand it as well. The 790GX IGP will run "Hybrid" X-fire with an HD32xx or HD34xx only ...

I think hes just talking about installing a raid card in the 16x slot (why? when 4x would be fine)...but yes so you can do that.

I think hes just talking about installing a raid card in the 16x slot (why? when 4x would be fine)...but yes so you can do that.

most motherboard with onboard video are mATX though. thus there is only 1 16x PCIe slot and in some cases another 1x. :)

Back