• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Phenom 2's X4 and X2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

HKepc has info on 3 new PH2 processors with launch dates, they usually base these on information what the channel receives so they used to be reliable. Link

AMD Phenom II New Processor Update

Model Clock Total Cache Core Socket Order Availability
Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz 8MB Deneb Quad Core AM3 Apr, 2009
Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz 7MB Callisto Dual Core AM3 May, 2009
Phenom II X2 545 3.0GHz 7MB Callisto Dual Core AM3 May, 2009

Can't wait to see the pricing, the X2s could be interesting with so much cache, how these compare to C2Ds.

interesting
Phenom X2 has 1 meg more in L3 than the other X2 Callisto.
wonder whats up with that and what else is different

Don't know, but if the chip is half neutered, it could mean that there is a 14 cache chip in the future.

thats what I'm waiting on...

dittto, if this is a new revision than this is so mine
Now my question is, is that 8MB's of l3 or is it basically the same as current phenom II's just with a higher multi.

the HTT is still 200 and the multy is higher , need to look at the voltage and compare it, to see if these have a chance to clock higher

Good to see X2s coming soon. They will fill the void. X3 has some stigma with people but X2 is ok. X2s will appeal to the gamers and people that use their PCs heavily and/or in business.

Looking at a 3.1 on the way tells me yields are improving. Seeing a 96x before June would mean yields are better. If a 3.6G hits the market before end of Summer the AMD is holding track.

Ditto. Also, i have to wait until then for my first pay check :p I wonder if it will overclock any better than the current phenoms.

so then the one with 6 megs is 1 meg L2 and 5 megs L3?
and the phenom with 7 megs ia 1 meg L2 and 6 megs L3?

so then the one with 6 megs is 1 meg L2 and 5 megs L3?
and the phenom with 7 megs ia 1 meg L2 and 6 megs L3?

by 6 megs I assume you are talking about the 8XX chips and that would be 4 megs l3 and 512x4 l2, the 9XX is 6megs l3 and 512x4, the 7XX is 6megs l3 and 512x3 l2 and the 5XX is 6megs l3 and 512x2 l2:)

Deneb high MHz/launch is a complete rumor at this point. HKEPC is definitely much more credible than majority of rumor sites that take a word and run a fully blown story on it, and they do always have at least something credible to base their data on. However, although it is definitely a model on the expected list, whether and when it comes depends on so much that none could predict its time-to-market, unless and until after the model is validated and supported by MB MFGs. Even then, it'll depend on the market at the point of its introduction, as does any SKU. The preliminary news is better than the +100MHz model they expected to launch priorly though. I'm certainly interested in the voltage for these parts.

Deneb as X2 with huge L3 cache per core is definitely on but I'm not sure of any dates/frequencies. 85W TDP is also the last we heard. I was expecting 2.7-2.9GHz though, so that was a surprise. Deneb in a 2 core form with 6MB L3 should perform quite a bit better than Deneb 4 core with the 6MB L3, simply due to doubling of cache per core. Power will always remain higher with such parts though due to cores still not being fused off but only being placed in a very low power state.

Every A64/K8 based rig at my office department and at the appartment I definitely had planned to upgrade with Callisto.. if it came at lower MHz. Office/home don't require such speed parts. High MHz means higher power/cost, roughly at the lower end of the Heka spectrum. I'd be immediately interested if they shipped some 2.5-2.7GHz Callisto models but that seems unlikely. I hope they keep the pricing structure similar to what they did with Agena based models, which would make Callisto a very clever buy.

If AMD can get their full lineup (largest volume is sub $200) out quick and clean, they'll do very well in the market for 2009. Even Socket AM2 MB MFGs are now officially supporting AM3 CPUs, which forms the largest AMD consumer base at present. Deneb 8xx, Propus, Heka, Callisto, Regor, all would form exceptional value offerings. The race is on.

Back