• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tekken 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Green_Flea

Registered
Anyone else looking forward to this game, It comes out later this year. I had tekken 4 and thought it had great graphics and gameplay, Hopefully they make a 360 version.

You can check out the trailer here.

I would if it weren't PS3 only. I love Tekken. They'll surely make the damned thing 720p native like they do just about everything else. Hoepfully I'll be surprised and it'll be 1080p which will make me buy it.

You just need a new TV fudge... lol

I love Tekken and will be buying this day of release.

I would if it weren't PS3 only. I love Tekken. They'll surely make the damned thing 720p native like they do just about everything else. Hoepfully I'll be surprised and it'll be 1080p which will make me buy it.

Tekken: Darl Resurrection is 1080p... so there's a good chance Tekken 6 will be, too.

I've purchased all the non-kiddie fighting games so far... so I'll definitely be picking this up.

Currently LAYING WASTE to people in SFIV.

But they aren't necessarily losing sales... If somebody has both consoles, the smart thing to do would be to buy it for the Playstation, unless you're using a fighting stick, and then it doesn't matter. (Reminds me... I need to order my fighting sticks for SFIV, I'm tired of getting my *** kicked online)

But they aren't necessarily losing sales... If somebody has both consoles, the smart thing to do would be to buy it for the Playstation, unless you're using a fighting stick, and then it doesn't matter. (Reminds me... I need to order my fighting sticks for SFIV, I'm tired of getting my *** kicked online)

Ok, what's your reasoning behind this because I've got both and I'll get the 360 version. Only thing I can think of is because PSN doesn't have a subscription fee.

Ok, what's your reasoning behind this because I've got both and I'll get the 360 version. Only thing I can think of is because PSN doesn't have a subscription fee.

i think he was referring to the 360's terrible d-pad, but if you have fighting sticks then it is a non issue.

exactly snowflake. Playing fighters with the d-pad on the 360 is damn near impossible. If you have a fighting stick, it doesn't matter, then its all down to user preference. Tekken has always (and will always) be a Playstation thing for me. Just like Final Fantasy VII and up (which is also going multi-platform in the US for FFXIII)

That's an oversimplified assumption, though. Sony will lose sales because of loss of exclusivity. This is because people have another option.

exactly snowflake. Playing fighters with the d-pad on the 360 is damn near impossible. If you have a fighting stick, it doesn't matter, then its all down to user preference. Tekken has always (and will always) be a Playstation thing for me. Just like Final Fantasy VII and up (which is also going multi-platform in the US for FFXIII)

We will have to see. Soul Calibur was spectacular on the Dreamcast and just not as good on the other systems for some strange reason.

I agree soul calibur was awesome on the dreamcast, but then again, the Soul Calibur series (not including soul edge) for consoles were designed with analog sticks in mind (dpads don't work in the newer iterations, I can't remember if it did or not on the DC). I would venture to say that Soul Calibur 2 played equally well on all 3 consoles, as I was able to pick each one up and use each controller without hesitation because the relative button layouts were identical. I haven't played SC4 on the 360 so I can't speak for any control differences there.

Back