• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

When i open up Internet Explorer the loading bar goes to 100% and then in freezes anyone know why this might happen and how to fix it? i tried to update but that didnt work

Yes I see that happening to my browser as well. I believe it's doing that on purpose; waiting for you to click a button or post in the software category or something...(hehe)

Is it freezing solid and shows nothing ever, or does it just take several seconds to show you what it loaded?

If it is the "slow to show, but shows eventually" as mentioned in example 2, then that is normal. It is just formatting to your screen and or settings.

If it goes to 100% and says done, then never shows anything, you may want to reload IE with the latest version and updates.

Hope it helps.

Arkamedies said:
Is it freezing solid and shows nothing ever, or does it just take several seconds to show you what it loaded?

If it is the "slow to show, but shows eventually" as mentioned in example 2, then that is normal. It is just formatting to your screen and or settings.

If it goes to 100% and says done, then never shows anything, you may want to reload IE with the latest version and updates.

Hope it helps.

It does show after 15-20 seconds

Are you running any progams like AD Subtract, which I find gives me a 5-10 second delay even on cable.

Could also be your antivirus software, what are you using and what settings are you using?

i have mine working well but its all greyed, no columns. everything, the bar and and icons and letters work but into a solid gray bar.

Back