• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a XFX 8800Ultra 768mb, or XFX Radeon HD 4870 XXX 1024MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

You all vote this 4870's fate, keep it or toss it (Multiple votes ok)

• Keep the 8800 Ultra 768mb

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Keep the 512mb 4870

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Sam, Your a moron for not getting a SLI mobo you could have gotten a 2nd 4870

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Your buddy is an idiot and tried to rip you off, just he's bad at math and he lost out

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sell it all and get a DELL

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Sammy, keep the 4870. I have used both Nv & ATI back and forth for the last 4 yrs. ATI has better IQ and the colors look better as well. Before anyone starts preaching that Nv has come a long way with thier IQ and/or are even with ATI. Pfft, I can still see a difference. Maybe negligable but I can still tell. If you have new vid cards, you will eventually get a new proc & mobo, guarenteed, this is not underachivers.com and you are no wussy mod (unlike cw823). Aheem, having said all that, keep the 4870, its a smoking card.

Yeah yer rez sucks but that also can be improved. One of my buddies 73yr old just bought a sweet refurb Dell 24" LCD for $239 shipped! Dang, you should get one of those too.

There is no image quality difference, stop living in the past man.

Back