• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cold cathode inverter question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I have a inverter for a 12" CC and have 4" CC...will this inverter put out way to much power for the 4" CC ..I don't want to start any fires ..;)

Last edited:
pogue1000 said:
I like your new avatar.. what softwared did u use to make that? :)
Thanks..:) I used Adobe PhotoShop with EyeCandy, Image Ready, ms paint and Ulead Gif animator.

rUfUnKy said:
I have a inverter for a 12" CC and have 4" CC...will this inverter put out way to much power for the 4" CC ..I don't want to start any fires ..;)

Dont quote me on this, but shoudnt make any difference. Think about it, the same PSU can power a sytem that draws 100w and one that draws 300 just fine. Assuming the voltage is the same, which it shoud be, it wont be a problem.

Re: Re: cold cathode inverter question...

WyrmMaster said:

Dont quote me on this, but shoudnt make any difference. Think about it, the same PSU can power a sytem that draws 100w and one that draws 300 just fine. Assuming the voltage is the same, which it shoud be, it wont be a problem.
Well I hooked it up and it works. I had it on for about ten min. and it seemed fine...I figure the worst that would happen would be I blow the bolb...Its on a rocker switch so it wont be on all the time anywho..:D

Yeah, shouldn't make any difference, however, I hereby state that I am not responsible for any taking my advice and blowing up something. But it won't.:beer:

Back