• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(IN STOCK)Monoprice just restocked the hard to find articulating HDTV wall mounts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
(IN STOCK)Monoprice just restocked the hard to find articulating HDTV wall mounts

Monoprice just restocked the hard to find articulating HDTV wall mounts

I've been waiting weeks for them to restock this particular and versatile wall mount. IMHO, aside from the Sanus $999 remote controlled wall mount, this one is the best bang for the buck, actually it's just a great wall mount, I installed one last year and every time I go to buy one for myself, it's sold out. I checked if they were in stock an hour ago, and they were not, but 10 minutes ago I got several e-mail notifications that it's back in stock. So I snagged two (two is the max one person can buy) This particular model extends the farthest, it extends 6.5" farther than the Monoprice $78.33 model with the dual aluminum arms, but the $53 mount is just as good, especially if you can use the full 26.5" extension.

If you need one, or will need one in the future, I suggest buying one when they have them, I bet they are gone by nightfall. (Unless they received a sizable quantity, but in the past they've sold out quick)

Range of Motion -

Tilt: -15 to +15 degree up and down.
Swivel: -90 to +90 degree side to side
Extension from wall: about 5" to 26.5"

37251.jpg

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=4926&seq=1&format=2

This mount is heavy, shipping for me was $27.08 but that's not a deal breaker, just go to BestBuy or Compusa and see what they charge for a comparable product, in stores these are over $200 plus tax

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subtotal : $53.24 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shipping & Handling Cost : $27.09 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GRAND TOTAL : $80.33 [/FONT]

Last edited:
mono price has some awesome deals on EVERYTHING... just bought a wall mount like the one u linked to but smaller for the 26incher in the garage. super build quality at 1/3rd the price of a similar mount at costco.

Awesome find. Ive been looking for a tv wall mount just like this. Thx for the heads up!

Out of stock, watching this closely.

I told you fellas they don't last, this is why I posted it within minutes of it being back in stock :(

Is this the same one? Its $55

HDTV wall mount

No, it's similar but the one I posted extends 26.5" and the one you linked to extends 20" Plus the one you linked to has limited articulation I believe it's tilt is 5* x 15*, the one I linked to does 15* x 15*

This is the one I linked to originally.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=4926&seq=1&format=2

If I could have ordered 5 I would have, the extra one I bought got dibbed by a neighbor. He paid $199 plus tax for his, and it's a piece of junk compared to this $53 Monoprice mount. In my opinion, only the Sanus motorized mounts are better, but I'm not one to buy a mount that costs more than the TV itself ;)

PS, Next time these come back in stock, I'll bump this thread to the top, and make it more clear that if you want it, you gotta act quick my friends.

Last edited:
Thanks for the headsup Sam, I may be buying a HDTV in 6 mos or so. This seems to be better and cheaper than anything available. When I get closer to buying one I'll recheck their stock.

I will be all over this like butter on noodles, watching for restock...

Thanks SSS.

Bro, you are such a detail person.:eek::) Dang it! But, alas, we big picture people, unfortunately,:p need people like you to help us fill in the blanks.

I told you fellas they don't last, this is why I posted it within minutes of it being back in stock :(

No, it's similar but the one I posted extends 26.5" and the one you linked to extends 20" Plus the one you linked to has limited articulation I believe it's tilt is 5* x 15*, the one I linked to does 15* x 15*

This is the one I linked to originally.

If I could have ordered 5 I would have, the extra one I bought got dibbed by a neighbor. He paid $199 plus tax for his, and it's a piece of junk compared to this $53 Monoprice mount. In my opinion, only the Sanus motorized mounts are better, but I'm not one to buy a mount that costs more than the TV itself ;)

PS, Next time these come back in stock, I'll bump this thread to the top, and make it more clear that if you want it, you gotta act quick my friends.

Looks to be In-Stock now. SSS you have 2 links in your OP. 1st one is the correct 1 that extends 26" and is in stock...the 2nd link below your pic is not the same one, and it only extends 20"...it is OOS and more expensive.

I literally just bought a mount from Monoprice an hour ago. I would have liked this mount better, but it's too big for my 28" monitor (bracket would be sticking out on all 4 sides), and it doesn't have any up and down height movement which is something I'd prefer w/ my unique setup desires.

The bracket I got is here. Not nearly as beefy, but it will hopefully be sufficient. NewEgg says my monitor weighs 24lbs, and this mount claims to be able to hold 33lbs. It only extends 19" from the wall. I would like something that goes out a bit further, but it seems this is as good as it gets in this size range. The reviews are great as well.

I plan on beefing up the wall with a piece of 2x6 to make it more sturdy.

Last edited:
Jason, thanks for the headsup, I just fixed that link in the 1st post, I dont know why I linked to the $73 mount with the aluminum arms.

Nice to see they are back in stock so quickly. Soon as mine come, I'll take some better pictures of the $53 mount.

Ordered 2 :p thx 4 the heads up...

These mounts can hold just about any HDTV, the UPS guy that delivered them said it all, "This package has some weight to it."

You'll see why you paid almost $30 in shipping when you get yours.

I installed two of them yesterday, it comes with everything you'll need hardware wise, mine went up 1-2-3 as my studs were uniform and spaced as they should be, but for the second installation that was in someone elses home, I used 150lb toggle bolts for the side where I missed one of the studs. (I had a decent stud finder and very strong magnet as backup, plus I had my small diameter rigid stud finder fishing stick, but the studs were screwey for that wall, wasn't 16, 20 or 22", more like 30", so out came the largest toggle bolts I had. It ain't going anywhere, but I have to tell you this was easily the heaviest mount I've installed to date.

You won't find a better mount for less, even with the shipping costs. ~You can quote me on that ;)

What was the model number on the actual product you received? I ordered the correct item above, but the box and item I received was labeled like RCB-102b and the box lists 32"-60" size screens and 175lbs max weight rather than 32-52 and 125lbs weight.

My invoice and shipping show item 4926, but it just does not seem to be correct.

Okay, I just got off livechat with Monoprice, and tech indicated that they upgraded the max size/weight for the mount and that the extension is only 20" based upon measurements they just did in their lab. Supposedly they will be making changes to their site and the description.

What was the model number on the actual product you received? I ordered the correct item above, but the box and item I received was labeled like RCB-102b and the box lists 32"-60" size screens and 175lbs max weight rather than 32-52 and 125lbs weight.

My invoice and shipping show item 4926, but it just does not seem to be correct.

The one you have is a different model, the mount with the 26.5" extension is RLB-102B (My tech support: My cat, confirms model RLB-102 has 26.5" extension) :cool:

I took lots of pictures ;)

makeitbrief, Does the model you have use two swing arms or one single arm extender? The one with the single arm extender goes out to 26.5" and both Mounts Product ID 3724 and 3725 have dual arms, both models with the dual arms extend to 20"

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,093
Last edited:
Sam,

The one I have has a single arm and is the RLB-102b, just as with your picture. I will take a picture this evening of the box, but it now has stats of 32-60" and 175lbs max weight.

The arm, when I measured it, only seemed to extend about 20" -- is there a particular method for measuring extension?

Wow, this thing really looks like you get your money's worth and less than half the price!!

Looks like a good deal indeed, unfortunately I have a cavity where an old CRT style TV was designed to be, and my LCD now is much wider than said cavity therefore I have this large space behind it making it much much harder to mount. The TV can't be placed anywhere else so I'm wondering what options I have.

I was thinking maybe they made one with an arm 150% the length of this arm, but that would make it exert much more weight on the bolts in the wall, and maybe these mounts werent designed to be constantly extended to full length.

I'm afraid I don't have many options here :/

Otherwise, I'd drive down to monoprice and pick one of these up myself!

Does this mount work with any 50+ HDTV? I'm thinking about picking one up now before they make changes or stop carrying it, even though I don't have a TV yet. The above posts about possible changes got me worried :eek:

Back