• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTS 250 vs 8800 GTS 512MB G92

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chinky714

hey guys which card is better? the GTS 250? or the 8800GTS 512MB G92? I would like a better folding card and it must be decent at games too. I only play COD4 and maybe DAWN OF WAR II so yeah. hehe

k, thanks alot. I will probably go for the GTS 250 since its only $125 on the egg. free shipping and even comes with world at war, another free game.

i thought the "new" GTS 250 = 9800 and from previous post they are about the same, same based G92

Clock for clock w/ the same amount of vRAM they are the same.

The 250 will OC higher, and has more vRAM options. 512MB is all that is really needed for the amount of power the card has, but 1GB would be nice if you plan to SLI 2 of them. 2GB is overkill.

The 250 should run cooler, and use less power as well.

I'm limited by resolution of my monitor which is 1440x900 So yeah I feel even at 512MB that shouldn't limit me on games. The 8800GTS seems to be going for about $100 shipped on ebay where as the GTS 250 goes for $129.99 on the egg. I don't plan to SLI since my motherboard isn't capable and I don't want to spend money on another board. I ordered the GTS 250 already from the egg should be here by Wednesday. If i find an sli board thats capable of hitting good clocks with my Q6600 I might be tempted to pick it up provided that the price is within my spending limits. Then a second GTS 250 might be on the way lol.

Back