• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED to overclock intel xeon dual core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

osiff

Im new to this site and wanted to overclock my CPU...so i came here

Ive got an hp workstation (xw6200) stock motherboard 1g ram
i want to overclock it but i cant in the bios :bang head
if u want to know more about my comp just ask :santa2:
ive talked to many people :argue: but feel that they dont care

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

Hello and welcome to the forums. :) I must say that our systems are pretty similar. Its cool to see someone out there has a workstadtion that they want to mess with. :) I am afraid to say if you can't overclock in the bios, you don't really have much choice. You could try CPUFSB and bump up the FSB but that is hit and miss and oesn't stay overclocked after a reboot. It also may or may not have support for your chipset.

You can't usually overclock those machines by standard methods, even CPUFSB may or may not work. The only option you really have is a BSEL pin mod, and even that is dependent on what the board supports, as to whether it would work. What socket does that thing use, is it 771 or 604, and what processors are you currently running?

Hello and welcome to the forums. :) I must say that our systems are pretty similar. Its cool to see someone out there has a workstadtion that they want to mess with. :) I am afraid to say if you can't overclock in the bios, you don't really have much choice. You could try CPUFSB and bump up the FSB but that is hit and miss and oesn't stay overclocked after a reboot. It also may or may not have support for your chipset.
do u think i should get an aftermarket motherboard or is there a way to INSTALL a different bios... anyway i tried setFSB (no luck) but dosnt CPUFSB caust money??

what cpus are we talking about here? is this a socket 601 or lga771 board? normall people with server boards/cpu's, use pin/pad modding. this really comes down to the chipset and what fsb it nativly supports. as you will not find ocing options in workstation motherboards, the only one i know of is the intel skulltrail LGA771 board but that is $600ish...

what cpus are we talking about here? is this a socket 601 or lga771 board? normall people with server boards/cpu's, use pin/pad modding. this really comes down to the chipset and what fsb it nativly supports. as you will not find ocing options in workstation motherboards, the only one i know of is the intel skulltrail LGA771 board but that is $600ish...
motherboard is hewlet packard 08b8h and the chipset is intel e7525 southbridge is intel 82801eb (ich5) and finally the bios is hp 786b7 v2.00 (04/08/2005) and i need to do it within windows

what model cpus... no this mod is done to the cpus, nothing in windows, unless you find that Setfsb works..

Back