• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Fun Folding Ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Man I cant remember a time where I had this much fun folding. Well maybe when I first started and watched rank jump.

I swear I have gpus on the brain lately. Budgeting for them and everything.

Gotta just love the competition with MPC. I just wish I wasn't such a competitive person... I'd have more money in my wallet. :screwy:

im new but ohh boy its addicting any systhem that awards points is great just makes you want more of them! in this case these points even do some good i am sending this info to the bio and chem departments at my college since i am a bio major maybe the will listen to me

donvin, I think if you search this sub forum there is a letter people have used to try to convince their school to allow folding at home. Maybe a subteam on team 32 for them.

I agree folding is addicting. Im climbing ranks fast. Starting to purchase new cards for the rest of the house to fold on. We should make the competition with MPC more interesting! :D make it so whoever loses must adorn a banner on the site "we were out folded by XXXX team" :D of course it would say team 32 though puahaha. :beer:

I take competitions too seriously :p

Man I cant remember a time where I had this much fun folding. Well maybe when I first started and watched rank jump.

I swear I have gpus on the brain lately. Budgeting for them and everything.

Gotta just love the competition with MPC. I just wish I wasn't such a competitive person... I'd have more money in my wallet. :screwy:

That's o.k., newegg needs it more than we do. ;););)

you guys are making it fun for us at MPC as well... congrats on the big increases lately... you definitely are making it tough on us... cheers... :beer:

yeah so the chimp challenge was 5mil last year, we're gonna have to do what, 50mil this time to make it last a month? :shrug:
:beer:

you guys are making it fun for us at MPC as well... congrats on the big increases lately... you definitely are making it tough on us... cheers... :beer:

I dont think without MPC chasing us we would have stepped up production so much. I glad you guys did, it really adds to the fun while helping get more science done faster. :clap:

Also, noone can say we don't put up a fight, even with storms brewing, lol.

10 to 12 days is plenty for the CC. After 5 or 6 days, the lead doesn't change.

Also, and I hate to say it, but there are plenty of our strong folders who will not support us in the CC race - unfathomable to me, but quite true.

Last year we had a small team come over and join us in the CC contest. Their first post was "Where's your big hitter's at? Why aren't they participating in the race? "

I thought a little cajoling would get them to join in, but they weren't persuaded.

It's pretty disappointing to see the EOC stats during the CC, and there on our first page, several of our strong folders show they're still making 80% - 100% of their daily average points. :cry:

(No I'm not referring to ChasR, or a lot of our biggest folders, now.)

Back