• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Petra's Tech Shop Opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
update: fans are here!

the packaging was great and the hand written thank you note was a really nice touch, the icing on the cake if you will. My only complaint is that they took a week to get here, but that was my fault for choosing UPS ground lol.

will order from again

Pleased to hear your order went well.

I've ordered off them as well, they were great to deal with and had no issue shipping the items all the way to NZ.

Its just diffucult to measure CFM not expensive. As for db, if both fans sound the same at the same distance, then it hardly matters if one is less quality. Cheaper price beats out higher price if the db is the same.
Ummm... no. If CMF and DB are the same, and the price is cheaper at Jab's, then still - No. That's only taking into account new fans, what happens when the ones with smaller motors hit the 1 year mark. The 2 year mark? etc... They going to burn up faster, and i'd prefer not to have to deal with that. Spending an extra buck or even two to get the better Yates are worth the peace of mind. Besides the moral issue of getting what is advertised, I'll pay extra for peace of mind.

Ummm... no. If CMF and DB are the same, and the price is cheaper at Jab's, then still - No. That's only taking into account new fans, what happens when the ones with smaller motors hit the 1 year mark. The 2 year mark? etc... They going to burn up faster, and i'd prefer not to have to deal with that. Spending an extra buck or even two to get the better Yates are worth the peace of mind. Besides the moral issue of getting what is advertised, I'll pay extra for peace of mind.

You have no evidence to prove the smaller motors burn out faster.

And as for your moral issue, Jab-tech sells Yate loons. Just because they seem to be made by a different manufacturer does not mean they are not yate loons.

For all you know Yate has different companies making fans for them.

For all I know they're cheap knock offs too.

Look, all I'm trying to say is that I perceive the ones from Petras to be the better buy, and a safer bet. It sounds like you took my comments as a personal attack, but that wasn't my intention.

For all I know they're cheap knock offs too.

Look, all I'm trying to say is that I perceive the ones from Petras to be the better buy, and a safer bet. It sounds like you took my comments as a personal attack, but that wasn't my intention.

If Jab-tech was selling cheap knock off yate loons, I would be seriously surprised.

Edit: Also, if you dont know jab-tech's reputation, then you should do your research. I dont know of anyone on these forums who has anything negative to say about jab-tech.

I just ordered my yate loons with white leds for my antec 900 I'm going to build in. I'll let everybody know what I think. I've recieved some "inferior" yate loons from performance-pcs.com as well. If petra's fans I just bought turn out to be good... I'll be sure to let everybody know. :)

Back