• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Roadmap 09-10.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think high performance products only target enthusiast segments that have a small market share.

Not only enthusiasts benefit from a new arch.
If sandy has 25% performance over I5 Intel can push AMD's prices even lower so it makes sense to bring it out as soon the yields allow it.
AMD has to match the price/performance for it.

I assumed E7X00 series.
$50 is too low, is that a nettop product ? (Intel is disallowing Ion, so why not put in AMD ;) )

The L3less duals are the rock bottom for AMD, I would expect the Deneb based ones to go against the E7K with the Propos X3s.

Currently the Sempron X2s go as low as 25$ so 50$ is far from too low, those should be really small processors by today's standards anyway.

Intel's mobile offerings look way more compelling than AMD's. According to that roadmap AMD will only offer a single 45 nm dual-core processor probably based off revised K8, while Intel will offer a Nehalem-based Clarksfield processor that has 4 cores (8 threads) on 45 nm and a Westmere-based Arrandale processor that has 2 cores (4 threads) on 32 nm with an integrated GPU all in 2009.

With more people buying laptops than desktops now, AMD looks in bad shape if people take performance/watt in consideration.

Intel's mobile offerings look way more compelling than AMD's. According to that roadmap AMD will only offer a single 45 nm dual-core processor probably based off revised K8, while Intel will offer a Nehalem-based Clarksfield processor that has 4 cores (8 threads) on 45 nm and a Westmere-based Arrandale processor that has 2 cores (4 threads) on 32 nm with an integrated GPU all in 2009.

With more people buying laptops than desktops now, AMD looks in bad shape if people take performance/watt in consideration.

I agree ! AMD needs to step it up to win this one soon .

Back