• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer Extensa EX4630 Notebook $399 Free Ship Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...EMC-IGNEFL032409-_-Notebooks-_-L0A-_-34115536

Model EX4630-4922
Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU Type Intel Pentium dual-core T3400(2.16GHz)
Screen 14.1" WXGA
Memory Size 2GB DDR2
Hard Disk 160GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card Intel GMA 4500M
Video Memory shared memory
Communication Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN
Card slot 1 x Type I/II PC Card Slot
USB 2
Video Port 1 x VGA
Card Reader 5-in-1 card reader for optional MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO or xD-Picture Card
Webcam Yes
Battery 6-cell lithium ion

Dimensions 13.3" x 9.7" x 1.2-1.6"
Weight 5.3 lbs.

Manufacturer Warranty
1 year limited

Thinking about picking one of these up for myself and maybe one for my parents as well. This appears to be a great deal on a decently spec'd no frills laptop. Has good reviews and the Extensa line appears to have decent durability.

Add http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231147 to double your ram to 4gb total for $18.00.

Not definite on ending date, but the email said the promo codes (for other items, this doesn't use a code) expired 3/30/09 so I wouldn't wait too long.

Definitely a good laptop, and while it might be $50-100 more than most netbooks it's actually WORTH the $100 more (which is not always the case). That being said, I wouldn't pay full price for this at $550. Could get (2) Acer netbooks for $50 more. The winning specs - gigabit lan, wireless N, faster processor, DVD burner, and more ram than usually comes standard with a netbook (although 2GB with XP, unless gaming or doing graphic design (neither of which you would be doing with this laptop), is overkill). But RAM is cheap and you mind as well, right? lol Screen size isn't necessarily and advantage if you like the small netbooks for their size/portability. The faster processor and DVD burner would be the biggest advantges for me. If I had the money right now I'd buy this!

Good to see the netbooks are forcing prices down. :D

Last edited:
Agreed, Pinky. I was interested in a netbook until I found out they can't play 720p videos very well and 1080p videos at all, just not enough horsepower.

My 5 year old centrino laptop died a few days ago so I've been looking for a replacement and this fit the bill quite nicely. The gigabit wired and wireless lan and webcam are very rare for this price range. The processor is nice and fast and getting up to 4gb of ram essentially futureproofs it even with windows 7 on the horizon.

Looks like this deal is Sold Out. Tried to order a couple just a few mins ago and it's sold out. :(

Last edited:
Yeah Pinky - the ONLY reason to get a netbook imo is ultra portability and the battery life. There are always EOL notebook deals like this that make netbook pricing alone not enough of an incentive.

indeed. i ordered one yesterday morning when the email came in. my girlfriend and i both keep a laptop in the living room and this will replace both of our laptops. i'd definitely say it is a great deal :) it should be arriving tomorrow. i'll post some pics up when it comes in.

and yes, it is deals like this that make purchasing a netbook look like a not so bright idea in my opinion.

oh and i also wanted to mention that my laptop was an acer travelmate 2420 and i have been extremely happy with the reliability over the years.

EOL'd 12-14" notebooks like this are what keeps me from caring too much about netbooks.

Different strokes for different folk, it is much larger and weighs 3 pounds more. For someone that just needs something small and light to carry around for, surprise, net access, light office, or music playback they make all the sense in the world. They are not make for 1080P(yet anyways) nor designed to be a main, or even secondary machine. Use them for what they are designed for and you will be very happy.

For instance I use mine to watch ripped DVD's at work and surf the net while I wait in the car line to pick my kids up. For those uses it is great.

Different strokes for different folk, it is much larger and weighs 3 pounds more. For someone that just needs something small and light to carry around for, surprise, net access, light office, or music playback they make all the sense in the world. They are not make for 1080P(yet anyways) nor designed to be a main, or even secondary machine. Use them for what they are designed for and you will be very happy.

For instance I use mine to watch ripped DVD's at work and surf the net while I wait in the car line to pick my kids up. For those uses it is great.

i can definitely see your point. the only reason i don't have a netbook is because i can't justify the expensive of laptop and a netbook. i pretty much use my iphone for anything i would do with a netbook anyway. :D

Great deal :thup:

I wish I could have gotten one.

I'm still glad I got my Asus Eee 1000H for $250.

When I can afford a $1k+ ultra slim in a year or so, then I'll upgrade.

Everyone who sees my netbook in action thinks it's da bomb and so ultra portable.

BTW my Eee has a built in webcam.

aka ultra portability? ;)

Back