• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200 MHz FSB, but not quite stable...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Congradulation!.....................I envy You

Perhaps, you can go into SAFE-MODE and run Sandra for a quick CPU test.

I had some trouble pushing my Celeron 700 to1050mhz, but I was able to snuck into the SAFE-MODE to do a quick CPU test, snap shot it, before it crash again.

Like to see a result of that 200mhz BUS

You Ruled......I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.......Your the Overclocking Master

You're exaggerating! I didn't want to show off with these results, I only wanted to show that it is indead possible to reach 200 MHz FSB with a SD-RAM system.
And of course I had the luck to pick above average components, I think, that can stand the stress at these FSB speeds.;)

BTW, I already finished the RAM, thats to say I glued the RAMsinks on finally, with Arctic Alumina Adhesive again. Now I'm curious to see the results, because all that cutting and lapping of the various heatsinks really was hard work.

Well today I put all my modified parts together again, hoping for the long awaited P3 667@1000MHz, but then the dissapointment. I could boot into windows at upto 190 MHz FSB, but that was all. After a few minutes the system would crash. I backed down the mem timings, but that didn't help either. So I came to the conclusion, that the chip is the limit this time. The mobo can only provide upto 1,8V Vcore, becuase it's a Tualatin VRM 8.5 board. Unfortunately this P3 would need about 1,95V to be stable at 1GHz. My last P3 667 was made in Malaysia and this one I'm using at the moment is from Costa Rica; both are/were cC0-stepping; my last P3 667 died due to overvoltage on a defective board:(

But I think I have to be satisfied with what I have! I'll now try the deep lapping technique on that chip, as I already mentioned in one of my last posts and perhaps that and some burn in will help:D

If the lapping won't help I still have something in common. A voltage mod for that board. I already have the instructions, but as I said, it's my last alternative ;)

Back