• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aftermarket Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go for the cheaper one, it still has 4 heat pipes which should be plenty for an 8800. Depends how long you want to keep the card too, if you are looking to keep it for a while, consider one of the zalman units vf900 or vf1000

Well I am most likely keeping the card until maybe January of 2010 when I overhaul my pc. I think I am just going to go with the accellero.

I was thinking of ordering the turbo add-on for it, as a temp solution until I bite the bullet on a cooler I zip tied a 70mm fan from a broken 1st gen xbox right over the memory ic's or whatever which I also noticed I already have stock heatsinks on them which is odd as most GT's don't so it looks like I won't have to worry about them when I get the S1. :)

Current temps:
fa4.png

That's just at idle, I have seen my card load at 96C on occasion. Just doesn't sit right with me is all.

Those temps arnt bad at all really. You should even be able to overclock that card some!

Those temps are not good for a vanilla 8800GT. Mine idles at 48c and loads in the mid 70s on a warm day, it also is has 1.1v and is clocked at 725 on the core for everyday interwebs and general gaming.

800gttemp.jpg

Is it super dusty, I mean caked on there?

Last edited:
Not a single drop of dust on my card, btw I just ordered it. Hopefully this helps A LOT.

Not a single drop of dust on my card, btw I just ordered it. Hopefully this helps A LOT.

Have you tried to reseat the stock heatsink and reapply the thermal paste (usually the factory smears it on thicker than is needed). Be careful not to tear up the thermal pads that are on you ram, you will need to keep those for reassembly.

Have you tried to reseat the stock heatsink and reapply the thermal paste (usually the factory smears it on thicker than is needed). Be careful not to tear up the thermal pads that are on you ram, you will need to keep those for reassembly.
Three times now no difference in temperatures. But either way I have the S1 on the way so I should be seeing a lot better temperature wise. Curse nVidia for using a single slot cooling solution for the 8800GT.

Accelero S1 Rev2 installed:
by0.png

That is quite the difference, it's purely passive at the moment. When newegg gets the turbo module back in stock I'll be ordering it. Just for the hell of it, not that I need it but why not for $6.99? Installation took me about an hour as I took my time and made sure I did everything correctly, definetly worth the $30 shipped. :D

Back