• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 and GPU overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

Okay so I've been trying to find a solution to this problem and either there isn't one on the forums yet or I'm using the wrong search terms. (The latter is more likely, heh.)

How can I overclock my GPU shaders in Windows7? RivaTuner works for fan control but it doesn't recognize the nvidia drivers since they are crazy-beta or something.

Ideas? I really want to have my shader clock back up again.

I think you can force it to accept the drivers in the control panel...

Power Setting

Rivatuner/system

ForceDriverVersion

click to the right of it, in that box, and then type in the version "18520" or whichever drivers you have.

Wonderful! Thanks very much.
:beer: for torin3! (=

Glad it worked for you.

I had to learn how to do that to be able to run all the fans when I put in the 3rd GX2 in my work computer.

Most of the multi-gpu / Rivatuner problems I had seem to be solved by this.

Hmm...maybe we should add this to the multi-gpu sticky..

Glad it worked for you.

I had to learn how to do that to be able to run all the fans when I put in the 3rd GX2 in my work computer.

Most of the multi-gpu / Rivatuner problems I had seem to be solved by this.

Hmm...maybe we should add this to the multi-gpu sticky..

I think its a good idea to also add it as a note on the single gpu sticky. I think there will be numbers of people who jump on w7, especially the ones that skipped vista.

Yea, the vista drivers are much newer than the win7 drivers and work fine as well. I have been using vista 64bit 182.08 for awhile now.

Yeah, guess I should try that. Maybe I'll get better performance, too, heh. I can't seem to break 5k ppd with this 9800GT right now.

*Runs off to download latest Vista x64 drivers*

Back