• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG, having to go Air Cooling, pray please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

With my new full replacement rig coming soon, I'll need to clean my current rig of all WC parts. I'll be needing the GTx280 watercooled and the PA 120.3 rad for my next build.

The rig will be going from this WC to this AC this weekend. The AC pic is old but should be close to the same. Hopefully next week I'll get an update from Sidewinder that my tech station from Italy will be in the USA. Boats are sooo slow.

NekkidPCWCcopperloopresizefar1.jpg

NekkidPC004.jpg

Hope I can keep decent overclocks. Ohh, I'll be using my new GTX 280 aircooled in the rig till I get the new WC rig with my old GTX280 WC running. Then I'll WC the new GTX 280 and go SLI.

Pray for no smoke!

Reviewing this post shows a pretty crapy post... sorry, but an update, at least.

I got to poke the bear. All that gorgeous stuff and 2 gigs of OCZ sli memory. Memory's cheap grab a couple 4 gig sets and make yourself happy.

sidenote: What the h3ll is sli branded memory anyways? Memory has nothing to do with running 2 graphics cards.

Ohh your so right. My 2 gig was plenty for my non-vista rig since it won't use above what I have. It's a two years+ old rig. And where did you get the SLI part from? Ohh ya had to google it for the full name. It was branded SLI, so what I can spell marketing hype as well as you can. When I bought it it was pretty well rated mem.

Looks like a real 'poke me post'. Woot. Dig some more, happy?

You advocate questionable WC stuff, but unhappy with my questionable ram size and brand? "Poke back", what are ya trying to accomplish?

You're obviously not 100% happy with me hanging around. I'm not trying to accomplish anything other than share my experiences and knowledge and talk about watercooling.

Oh Oh! My turn to poke!
You bought a tech station?
If you wanted to throw away money, I'd have made you one!, wiff teh purty blue lights and everything! :D

Here's to hoping for a smokeless build! :beer:

Back