• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to use the lan port on my computer for x360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALiEN2953

I was wondering if there is any way that i can use the lan on my computer to connect to my xbox 360?

pretty much i need to use the computer as a router.

thanks in advance

Easy, go to control Panel > (For Vista: Network and Sharing Center) > Network Connections > highlight both Ethernet icons > right click > bridge connections

Search on Google as there are tons of how to's out there.

i was under the impression that doing that joined the bandwith of 2 ports?

no you can do it that way. you just have to use a crossover cable and select the "allow other computers to access internet" option.

i did this with my laptop once to get internet wirelessly to my laptop and then out to my PS2 through wired.

no you can do it that way. you just have to use a crossover cable and select the "allow other computers to access internet" option.

i did this with my laptop once to get internet wirelessly to my laptop and then out to my PS2 through wired.
Crossover cables are not needed anymore. The port will detect if it needs to do a crossover and compensate.

Back