• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conficker April 1 alert

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yay, I work in a call center for tech support. I'm totally looking forward to tomorrow.

How would you know if you had one, if you're not running any AV software?
If you can't visit any of the 114 known blocked domains, you are infected? It says right in the article....

I am helpdesk/network analyst for about 10 financial institutions. I'm not really concerned, honestly.

<--- See Skwisgaar over there? He doesn't care either. If he doesn't care, neither do I.

I am helpdesk/network analyst for about 10 financial institutions. I'm not really concerned, honestly.

You will be......you will be!!!

well from time to time ill install AVG an run a scan.

so i dont get how i know if i have it...

If you updated your machine regularly last year, then you are probably fine. You should not be able to get infected if you had the october update installed before the worm came out.

I obtained a conficker scanner from an IT engineer at a local fab. It's CLI, but simple to use. Looks like my rigs are clean.

So, its April 1st in Asia already. Certainly we would have some word by now if the interwebs were going to implode!!

Y2K all over again?

AHHH... ITS THE END OF THE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT. ITS ALL OVER CNN, MY MOM EVEN CALLED ME AND TOLD ME TO BE CAREFUL!

I don't even have a virus scanner... I don't understand how people get virus's all the time...

AHHH... ITS THE END OF THE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT. ITS ALL OVER CNN, MY MOM EVEN CALLED ME AND TOLD ME TO BE CAREFUL!

I don't even have a virus scanner... I don't understand how people get virus's all the time...

Well stuff happens when you're at your computer and you're all alone.

Back