• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[DFI LANPARTY UT NF590] suffers 14 bios error codes, stumped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

archangelgabe

Board: DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G (can't remember bios version, updated only once)
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 (4x1GB) DDR2 800 (stock vol)
HDD: (2) Seagate Barracuda 7200 320GB 7200 RPM
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor @ 2.6GHz (stock clock)
Video card: GeForce 7950GX2 (stock clock)
Cooling: (3) SILVERSTON 120mm, Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound, ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 CPU Fan/Heatsink
Case: LIAN LI PC-G70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W

So, i've been having problems with this machine on and off since july of last year and here's the current situation. I removed everything down to it's very basics. 1gb ram in the 1st slot. 1hd, 1cd.

I get all these error codes when starting up...

random segments that don't form any real numbers. like...you know how the led panel is like a clock and each clock has segments to form numbers, yeah, random ones display that don't make any number...then
c1
7f
then ff as if everything is ok, but nothing shows up on screen and it doesn't shut down when I hold the shutoff button down. I have to unplug it.

Still no fix. Also, here's am image of the error code... with a Quatro GFX card it has this error or the error 8

test1.png

quick q and a on the matter i dgot the same mother bord and im runing 2 gb of ram and a 1.5tb and a 80gb and a amd 64x2 antron i think and a 9800gt nvidia cuda inabiled gsu and im geting a 8 on the drbug screen can some one help me here

Just an 8; as shown in that screen shot in post #2 above, is "NOT" a valid PCI code and 88 is n0t a good code either. Both indicate the board is not beginning the boot process correctly if hardly at all.

1. Most likely is indicating failed motherboard.

2. There is a very small chance the bios chip might be bad.

3. There is also a minor chance of a failed cpu if you get an immediate 88 almost as soon as the board is asked to begin the boot process.

Considering the age of those boards and chipset, my suspicion is the board has failed.

Back