• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gtx 1920x1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burninate35

Will my 8800gtx be able to play most games smoothly @ 1920x1200 w/o AA?

I would like to still max out AF

Games like cod4, l4d, CSS (well css is a "duh"), tf2, crysis on high W/O AA or AF?

I am just trying to figure out which monitor to get.

I am leaning towards a 27.5 inch 1920x1024 Hans G monitor

p.s. I want all of my games to stay around 50 fps (except for crysis, 25 is fine for crysis)

And any thoughts on the monitor?

Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
You do not think that I could even get 25fps out of crysis on high? (not very high and with 0x AA + 8xaf?)

Thanks for the reply

Crysis is a resource slug. I ran crysis wars at a lan the other night with a c2d @ 3ghz, 8GB ram, vista x64, raptor 150, and a gtx285 and I think I ran Gamer settings and it would have lag spikes @ 1280x1024, I ended up running 1024x768 since I didnt want lag. I still have my 8800gtx and a lcd that goes that high, I'll try to test it out if I have time tomorrow.

Wow, thanks. Only do it if you want to test it out. Crysis is low on my list as a priority. I have had to play a few levels 3-4 times because they keep getting buggy, and the bugs stay with you for the rest of the game unless you go before the save when it happned.

Eg. Some weapons are invisible, I have extra hands, Koreans have no guns, aliens do not attack me, Koreans are invincible, and bullets pass right through them plus more.

I am pretty tired of playing the same levels over and over again. Keep in mind that this is fully patched Crysis.

Thanks

Weird... I have never had that issue with warhead. And since my 9800gtx+ is basically your 8800gtx but with higher clocks, you should be able to get around 25 on crysis. I could get mid to high 30's all gamer with 0AA and 8xAF on 1440*900.

This is with regular Crysis. I just recently got it. I may have to reinstall.

Are you sure its not a pirated copy? mostly problems like these occur in pirated versions of games.

8800GTX is good enough for 1920x1200 w/o AA...even with some AA for games like L4D.

I swear that it is not pirated haha. I could post a picture of the box if you really wanted me too.

I am annoyed that I payed for something that is bugging out like this.

you should be able to run the regular crysis with high settings in 1920x1200 w/o AA at ~25fps. provided ofcourse you oc your cpu and gpu to their max/near max. :)

I think I found the monitor that I want and it turns out to be lower resolution than 1920x1200

It is the dell 2209wa

It has an ips panel!

I cannot find a better deal than that, plus dell has the best return policy with dead pixels.

Anyone know anything else about that monitor?

Thank you for the help.

This gives me a very good idea of how well my computer will run @ lower resolutions (which will be much higher than my current 1280 x 1024 haha)

Back