• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not to happy with Dell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New system should be here tomorrow but i gotta work so i'll see if i can have someone stay here for it or just pick it up from the fedex place.

No response from Wayne yet. I informed him that yet again they have sent out the wrong processor.

Well over the past week now i sent Wayne e mails since he does not return calls and i have not received a response.

I just fired off the last e mail state i will file a complainant with the BBB.

Dell could not provide me with a clean system.

System was a XPS one. Got some dead pixles they replaces the chassy with the lcd and it had tons of dust and finger prints on the inside of the glass. they replaced it with a second time saying the replacement will be inspected and assured me it would be spotless and it was just like the previous, Looked like someone had some greasy pizza then rubs the inside of the screen. then tryed to whipe it off with a oil covered rag.

Never heard of fingerprints inside a screen before. Sure you aren't being just a touch too demanding of them? Got pics of the 'damage?'

I got pics they will be posted when the matter is closed in a nice big post about Dell.

The XPS one uses a normal screen but infront of the screen is a peace of glass. It is not anything like their current LCD's and i cant comment on the new all in ones but this is how the 20 and 24inch XPS all in one.

Am i beaing to demanding? No they said it would be spotless and im holding them to their word. After all this is a XPs their "prem." computer. They also said the new system will have a QX9650 not one time but twice. Im holding them to that because the person saying these things is the Corporate Case Manager.

You can let Dell send you junk and lie to you then do the switch and bait all you want. However they will not do it to me. I am like my grandfather and i baleave when a man gives you his word on somthing it will be done no matter what. Wayne gave me his word on the problems that they would be fixed and they havent but they will because i'll ride this out untill the end of time. I'll keep extending my warrenty to if they wanna drag this on longer i dont care.

I will add i am happy with the new computer and the LCD they sent out. I love them bolth however it has a QX6850 "second system the first had a Q9650" They downgraded me from a faster 45nm to a slow pos 65nm that kicks out heat from the previous system after telling me that the cpu in this system will be the QX9650 that should of been sent out in the first place. After this CPU is in the computer all will be will i'll be extremly happy with the system but will never recamend a dell warrenty to anyone since their support is sub par at best and they flat out lie "proof will be posted in forms of e mails sent to me and chat logs" and they do the bait and switch "screen shots of system configs and orders will be posted"

Also i will no longer be takeing any system exchanges. I had enought and im done wateing for the wrong stuff. I told wayne to send out the right processer in a service call and have it installed in the current system to solve this matter.

Also Waynes latest lie the reason for the system exchange was that the Extreme editions require diffront cooling than the normal cpuz. Well this system has a QX6850, A old pos cpu but never the less its still a Extreme edition and it has the same cooling the non Extreme edition Q9650 had. So either he lied to me "my vote" or they did the good old bait and switch that Del lives for and gave me the stock heatsink on it and now the "upgraded cooling"

Also reason i am holding off on posting any pictures, emails or chat logs is so they are not posted online when i contact the BBB on Monday unless Wayne adress this problem by returning my e mail and sets up a solution to get the new right cpu in my system. Then i'll postpone it untill i conferm if the new cpu is corret, if it is not my compaint will be filed with the BBB and the only contact between me and well will be handled by the BBB since i have tryed to get Dell to keep their word for a very long time now well over a month.

Never heard of fingerprints inside a screen before. Sure you aren't being just a touch too demanding of them? Got pics of the 'damage?'

It happens sometimes. I have had to yell at some of the folks that I supervise that do this same stupid thing. Touching the screen where they shouldn't be then being lazy and just leaving their greasy prints all over the inside. If it was the outside it would still be wrong, but at least you could just wipe it down with a rag. On the inside it is impossible to get to without disassembling the unit.

It happens sometimes. I have had to yell at some of the folks that I supervise that do this same stupid thing. Touching the screen where they shouldn't be then being lazy and just leaving their greasy prints all over the inside. If it was the outside it would still be wrong, but at least you could just wipe it down with a rag. On the inside it is impossible to get to without disassembling the unit.

I even asked if anyone in dell knoew how to take it apart, if so i would take it apart and clean it my self and all this could of been avoided.

Still no system. they cant tell me where it is at. its been a few months now. This is going to cort papers have been filed.

Last edited:
Back