• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
ok guys I just bought a playstation

nothing to funny about that right?

well... This is my plan... I am gonna gut the playstation and throw away the case it is built in - why? good question.

I am gonna mod it into my computer case and have the top of my case (maybe the side) as the mount for the cd, and I have two empty 5 1/4 slots in the front - one I want to mod for the controler ports the second I want for my memory cards

I also will fit the power and reset buttons down by between the 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 drives ( I run a SX1030 case) so what cha think? any suggestions? Ever try this before? how do I run my video to run with my vid card???

Thanks in advance!

Joe

i've taken apart a few playstations a while back and i beleive that some parts are required to help the psx function, but im not sure.

I've seen a guy do this before, but I can't seem to find it here or on Ars, practically my only two tech forums.

Only way I currently see to hook it up is to run to the cable out the back of your case and to a Composite TV-In, like on a TV Tuner card.

The other way is this:

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=18&products_id=274&

Rip it apart and somehow integrate it into your PC.

~Vash~

jbell said:
ok guys I just bought a playstation

nothing to funny about that right?

well... This is my plan... I am gonna gut the playstation and throw away the case it is built in - why? good question.

I am gonna mod it into my computer case and have the top of my case (maybe the side) as the mount for the cd, and I have two empty 5 1/4 slots in the front - one I want to mod for the controler ports the second I want for my memory cards

I also will fit the power and reset buttons down by between the 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 drives ( I run a SX1030 case) so what cha think? any suggestions? Ever try this before? how do I run my video to run with my vid card???

Thanks in advance!

Joe

i love this idea.... makes me wanna play my ps again!
ull have to unsolder some parts and use wire to be able to fit the ps in your case if ud wanna do it that way... you could mod it to start the ps when ur pc starts also..
id mod it so the controller ports into the 3.25 bay (just 1) along with the off/reset button.. mod the rom drive into one 5.25 bay, and hide the ps itself in the case.. i could help you out if youe wondering? ive taking my psx apart alot, so i know a lil about it.. :) enough to help you out tho ;)

great I will need your help and maybe I can bribe skip to let me have an article on this on the front page!!

I wonder how many big mods liek this have been done here in OC?

Back