• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

185.66b vs 182.xx drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zantal

someone told me instead of a performance increase with the new beta drivers
(as stated in the release notes) there is a performance loss. can anyone confirm?

There were some performance drops in a few games when they moved to the 128.xx release, but that was in certain games. Overall there was an increase, but some were a little below. Personally, I run the beta's because I found instabilities with the previous releases.

we should make some benchmarks. though my max resolution is 1440 * 900

wow... such a tiny resolution... hmmmm.. I'm running at 1600x1024 in one game but the desktop is sitting at 1900x1200 ....

You getting a bigger monitor???

I run 1440*900 too. It's a huge increase from 1024* something when I was on a crt, but when I see how many pixels everyone else has, I get a little bit drooly.I will probably go to atleast a 1080p when I upgrade next, but that won't be for awhile.

Not that I'm saying anything bad about anyones resolution at all... I had a 19" CRT and upgraded to a 24" LCD and WHOA !!!! So much real estate.... I can see now... lol... I think the max resolution on my 24 is 1900x1280 or something like that... I actually had to make my icons bigger since it's doubling as my TV because movers can't pack a TV right and they smash it.. Grrrrrr... LOL

Bahaha, I like crts for their speedy refresh rates, but I love how little space lcd's take up and they don't make that static noise when you turn them on (yes that bugs me.)

tbh i like this resolution. and i can't afford atm a huge monitor since i don't have a work and still live at my parents. i prefer to buy better pc parts and play at higher fps =)

but when i'll work my next rig will have 3 gpus and a huuuuuuge monitor

I loved CRT static in high school. Did you know that if you hold the shaft of an long, phillips headed screwdriver in one hand, and go through a lab room with 30ish computers running, and collect the static from all the monitors with your left hand you can throw a static bolt approximately 1/2" from the tip of the screwdriver right into someones earlobe.

It makes a LOUD CRRRACK sound, before they yell.

Well the new official driver just caused one of my computers to BSOD, and I could not run F@H on the last one. My other computer Blue screened with the old driver, but seems fine now.

Im kinda out of luck for the pc that failed with both drivers.

Back