• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz help with Overclocking amd KUMA 7750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello all

I have been building for a while but am not the most knowledgeable about over clocking. I know enough to get by before but now i need to know more apparently because I have run into a wall.

Here are my specs:

nvidia 8800gt
Antec 900 case
585 w psu
4 gb dual channel corsair dominator ram @ 533 mhz and voltage at 2.2
ECS A780GM-A Black edition
AMD KUMA 7750 overclocked at 2800 mhz (14x at 1.45 volts)

The cpu will not do ANY MORE than this. Everytime i set the multiplier at 15x at any voltage and stress with prime it crashes

I have a friend of mine with the same specs pretty much and he is ocing this cpu at 3300 mhz easy,

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS! :eek:

WOW! um....first things first....your buddy is ocing different than you....hes at 3.3.....your at 2.8....for starters your voltage is way to high......im at 3.0 at 1.275 stable.....set your voltage to auto or to 1.3....your multiplier is also to high.....lower your multiplier and up your FSB.....your system will run faster......start at 12.5x.....go as high as you can with your fsb before it becomes unstable...once it does....this indicates that your voltage is to low....try going to around 220 FSB and 12.5x...should put you around 3.0 depending on your board.....in conclusion your VID is to high

Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread but I have similar questions. I am currently OCed at 3GHz with a x15 multiplier. I'm running my mem at 800 but it is 1066 memory which I have never run it at though I would like to try it at 1066 or something higher then 800 to see what I can get out of it. From what was said to this fellow asking for advise it sounds like I am overclocking incorrectly though my system is rock solid stable. I know a little about overclocking but get confused when it gets too deep so please explain nice and slow in plain english. What should I do and how do I get my memory to 1066? Will I see any benefit from running at that speed? Any other advice you can give based on my CPUZ info please.

i21qma.jpg

1066 stresses the older IMC design and can limit an OC. I have always stayed at 800 and tweaked the timings.

1066 stresses the older IMC design and can limit an OC. I have always stayed at 800 and tweaked the timings.

Thanks for the tip. Is there anything out of place with my CPU multiplier or any of the other settings I am using? I have only upped the CPU multiplier is this correct or should I have a lower multiplier and a raise the FSB. Whenever discussing this AMD processor I haven't really seen any mention of how you increase the FSB or is the NB link the same thing. Also could you or someone else explain possibly upping the NB link, hypertransport, PCIE, PCI and FSB for a system such as mine and is there any benefit to be gained from doing so.

Basically just looking for some expert opinion on what I can further do to gain performance.

Thanks for the tip. Is there anything out of place with my CPU multiplier or any of the other settings I am using? I have only upped the CPU multiplier is this correct or should I have a lower multiplier and a raise the FSB. Whenever discussing this AMD processor I haven't really seen any mention of how you increase the FSB or is the NB link the same thing. Also could you or someone else explain possibly upping the NB link, hypertransport, PCIE, PCI and FSB for a system such as mine and is there any benefit to be gained from doing so.

Basically just looking for some expert opinion on what I can further do to gain performance.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6100289&postcount=200

The thread is full of stuff and settings. This post is where i am now.

ok one last question, would it be better to run at a reference clock of 210 and a multiplier of 14.5 or just leave it a 200 with a multiplier of x15? Also when I look at the PC Health status in the bios it is showing a CPU voltage of 1.328 volts so does this mean that CPUZ is incorrect in it's voltage report? Cool and Quiet is currently off.

Back