• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Rackmount Overkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That rack case is so sick. I wish I could use one for my normal case but that thing is insanely expensive :x

EXT3, fast, stable, and it just works. :)

I usually select EXT3 over something else since it doesn't take as long to initialize. Reiserfs is also a PITA.
Yup. Had issues with ReiserFS, so I just went back to EXT3.

Plus it was made by a murderer. :eek:
I could care less about what they did in life, the file system is very nice.

so now both ur web and file server are in centOS?
That is correct, although the Dell may be commissioned for something else.

wow that thing is beautiful , i have no use for one , doesnt stop me from wanting one , it is surprising how clean your cases are compared to your room tho :p

wow that thing is beautiful , i have no use for one , doesnt stop me from wanting one , it is surprising how clean your cases are compared to your room tho :p
I've been trying to figure that out myself. :screwy:

That it is. I finally got the server setup with no GUI and I just SSH into the box. I can work on it from work and it just makes it a ton easier than dedicating an entire 24" monitor to the server.

blah# sudo yum install vnc-server :thup:

Works pretty dang good. I keep forgetting it is CentOS honestly :p

Need to figure out how to configure the FTP server. Haven't even looked at it yet.

Trying to also figure out how to render videos through the command line so my main computer doesn't have to do the processing itself. I use Virtual Dub (WoW videos) and Handbrake (converting DVD's) and I'd rather not resort to installing a virtual machine with Windows to do it. I may have to do it that way though. :-/

Back