• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Rackmount Overkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes and, wow that thing is a monster. Can't imagine its all too light either....
It is aluminum, so it is pretty light for being that large. The case top is a pain to put on though, only thing I don't like about it.

is the top just polished aluminum or blue like the front? btw I hope that your little overkill box there is no where near your bed. I thought my pc was loud....

Aluminum stock, no finish at all. That isn't the issue though. They made the case a tad too wide; that means you have to put the top on *just right* or both sides won't close.

sounds like a PITA. does it have several holes to hook into the pins those 5 pins running down both sides or something?

No rack. Just got back from Blizzcon, still recovering from it.

wtf is blizzcon?
edit: Ahh, so a parallel to like SoE's FanFare events or something?

Glad to see you're still rolling on this project man.

Probably going to order the case for my main system shortly. Going to be another Norco case, exactly the same as my file server, just no backplane up front.

Just need to make sure I got the money for it.

Probably going to order the case for my main system shortly. Going to be another Norco case, exactly the same as my file server, just no backplane up front.

Just need to make sure I got the money for it.

taking out the backplane or buying without?

I hadnt seen any Norco cases similar but without the backplane. Got a link?

how did you come to that determination.

There is no apparent difference between the 450/450b/470.

Now the 4220 is the exact same but with hotswap?

Confused.
The 470 and the 4220 are exactly the same size and internal design. The only thing that is different is the 4220 has hotswap bays and a backplane. I'll take pictures when I get them, they should be exactly the same besides those features >.>

I'm not sure on the differences for the 450/450b/470, I couldn't find any difference except some design changes (if I remember correctly).

Please do post some pics of it when you get it in thid. This is one of cases I was considering for my server build and I'd love to see some better shots of it.

Will do, I'll see if I can order it today. Need to figure out what bills I need to pay this month. :-/

Ordered the parts, should be here next week.

mainsystem_servercase_08262009.png

I looked and see the difference between the cases. I can't tell the difference between the 450/450b except one is black and it isn't the 450b :)confused:). The main difference between the 450/470 is that it comes with 120mm fans up front but does NOT have a fan divider inside the case itself. The 450 is also shorter.

Basically, if you don't need a ton of airflow over the motherboard/CPU, get the 450. BUT, the price is the same for the 450/470, so I see no reason to get the 450.

Yuppers, going home for lunch right now, but no pictures until I get off from work. Don't have time on my lunch break to do anything :p

EDIT: Maybe a quick teaser...

Sorry, got behind a train and was actually late for lunch. Then got home, had to stuff everything in the case quick so I could raid. Got Mimiron hard mode (25 man) tonight, server first; all happy and stuff.

Anyways, pictures like I promised.

mainsystem_front1.JPG

mainsystem_front2.JPG

mainsystem_open1.JPG

Back