• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Rackmount Overkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OUCH!! dont have a dvdrom it can borrow? LOL
I just used the net install and downloaded everything :)

The whole system is SCSI, so I'd have to put a PCI -> SATA card in to install the OS. Not worth the time :p

so 22 tb.. WTF :) i mean how much data u have? u think u can fill those up?
Not much at the moment, but I'm expanding my movie and music collection. Need to rip about 100 DVD's right now >.>

It is nice not having to delete backups or compress music/movies.

i have like 1.8TB of data and i hateeee when i need to look for a specific files :) i can be there for hours looking for the damn file :) i can imagine doing that on 22TB of data :) haha

Oh, I will definitely be indexing all the arrays.

...I don't download (nor distribute) copyrighted materials

I actually believe you, dude. ANybody with enough money to buy that much hard drives, probably has a sick media center and a ton of blu-ray or hd-dvd movies ripped. Gosh I wish HD-DVD would have won the format war. :(

Nope, had to work on my server last night. I tested a perc 5/i last night and it is DOA, so I need to locate another :(

I also pulled the video card to find that the half the capacitors are blown.

So, need a new RAID card and some capacitors...

Yup yup :-/

ahh bad luck :(

Nope, had to work on my server last night. I tested a perc 5/i last night and it is DOA, so I need to locate another :(

I also pulled the video card to find that the half the capacitors are blown.

So, need a new RAID card and some capacitors...

I actually believe you, dude. ANybody with enough money to buy that much hard drives, probably has a sick media center and a ton of blu-ray or hd-dvd movies ripped. Gosh I wish HD-DVD would have won the format war. :(
Yup yup, not a very good media center though, working on that.

Thid,

What Video card do you need and where did you get hte Perc from?
I pulled a 7900GT from my server (PCI-e) and replaced it with a "something old" ATI PCI card. When I pulled the 7900GT and prepared to install it, I noticed the capacitors were blown. I can fix it pretty cheap ^_^

Drives are here!! Yes, I'm playing my Druid in WoW, bite me >.>

8_1tb_drives.jpg

Last edited:
Back