• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm pretty much done with replacing INKJET cartridges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
These cost between $30-$35 and I never (EVER) have to open my Epson Inkjet printers lid to replace cartridges or reset the cartridges with my Epson chip resetter. I can fill them externally now.

Now the last step is to secure Durabrite Cyan, Magenta and Yellow ink. I already have 500ml of Durabrite black ink. Soon as I have this Durabrite ink bought in bulk, my ink needs will be rectified for many years. This kit has the latest auto reset chip. (But it really doesn't even need the auto reset chip since the CISS always keeps the cartridges in the printer 100% full)

Details to come..... as this thread is a work in progress, once I find the colored Durabrite ink @ cheap prices, I'll post up some links for any of you that may be interested in this product and where to get it and the Durabrite ink on the cheap. Durabrite is the same ink Epson factory cartridges contain.
While this kit has uv resistant ink, it will not be used. If I'm going to do this, I'm doing it right the 1st time and not lookin back :beer:

Attachments

• ink.jpg
    ink.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 390
  • ink1.jpg
    ink1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 387
I love how the box says 'not drinkable' on the side :beer:

If you liked that I'll post the info on the other side of the box as well.

There's also some steps in the install pages that should have been listed on the items listing page in regard to setting it all up. (But I'll cover all that in my evaluation of this. (Going to speed this one out, against my better judgment, I'll start this project tomorrow, I'll do it in two steps, one with the non-drinkable ink it comes with, then with Durabrite ink. I'll use photo-paper so the results can easily be seen.
I would have started today, but a neighbor liked the Monoprice mount I had and his came in today, so I installed it for him, I put it exactly at the height he wanted. .....As usual, his wife comes home from work just as I was packing up all my tools.

She didn't like the height, on his spouses orders, I had to lower it 10" (which was way to low, when they're sitting down on their couches, the top of the TV is level with their eyes. But if that's where they she wants it, that's where it will be. :screwy:
So I had to install it twice.

You know, he likes my surround system as well, but his wife will most likely order him to get inferior Bose cubes. For me, I like being a bachelor, I can mount my TV anywhere I damn well please. And nobody is going to order me to buy Bose anything, I buy what sounds the best, irregardless of whether or not it fits the decor. :beer:

Wasn't all bad, someone here in the forums asked for some pictures of the Monoprice mount, been looking for a day and a half for the thumbdrive those pictures are on. So rather than keep looking, I just took more pictures today of the install. (my cat loves playing with my thumbdrives, he's excellent at hiding them)

128820272765771470.jpg

Where did you get this and where can I get a chip re-setter for an HP printer? I've refilled mine but the printer still says they're empty :rolleyes:

subscribed

Sam,

Ink refill costs are the only items that have kept me from buying a nice color inkjet to go along with my Laserjet.

Where did you get this and where can I get a chip re-setter for an HP printer? I've refilled mine but the printer still says they're empty :rolleyes:

The chip re-setter is a universal Super Star chip re-setter for Epson (meaning it'll reset most any Epson cartridge chip

I know they make Epson, Cannon and HP chip re-setters, naturally the HP chip re-setters cost 3x as much as the one I got for $5 They sell both the Inkjet re-setter and Laser re-setter for HP
If you tell me the HP printer model I can better help you, as there are several options for you. One option is the glue or stick on always full chip mod, two is just getting the HP re-setter tool, three would be to get a continuous ink refill system like mine
Here's a link to the HP CISS system

Simple Universal chip resetter

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 291
How is the quality? i always heard over the years that alot of these refill kits dont last very long when doing higher quality photo prints, color isnt always as vibrant and other issues like that....

Wait a second... Ink cartridges shoot back and forth pretty fast. I would be worried about those plastic lines wearing out and cracking/breaking, coming loose, or snagging on something inside the printer.

Otherwise this whole setup sounds pretty sweet.

Hmmm...

I need to hunt down the toner refill kit for my $75 Samsung printer asap.

The dang replacement toner/drum costs $85 LOL :screwy:

I have actually been looking at a system like this myself for my epson artisan 700. Will be interesting to hear your results from your endeavor.

Wait a second... Ink cartridges shoot back and forth pretty fast. I would be worried about those plastic lines wearing out and cracking/breaking, coming loose, or snagging on something inside the printer.

Otherwise this whole setup sounds pretty sweet.

That's not an issue luckily, they use pliable soft tubing that would be hard to wear out, besides, your supposed to tape it, I used Stikaround continuous strips, its a lot better than tape, its flexible and it doesn't let go to what it's holding.. (but you could easily feed the lines through shrink wrap tubing for chafe control if you were so inclined to do so and want some extra protection. (I'll show why its not needed. Just waiting on the stupid Durabrite ink to get here so this review will be done with)

I put some requests in to buy the Durabrite by the gallon, then I'd repack it into smaller 100ml bottles and sell it at cost in the classies for anyone refilling their own cartridges or have one of these. These manufacturers and suppliers don't always respond so quickly, maybe if I was buying 100 gallons at a time I'd get better service :bang head

Welcome to the CIS (Continuous Ink System) club :santa2: I've been using it for about 18 months now and the tube are fine, no sign of becoming stiff or cracking at all.

The cart has its own auto resetter chips, when the cart is reported low and auto resets, I just got to power cycle the printer and I can carry on as if nothing happened.

I've gone through about 2,000 pages before the black and yellow got low enough to require refilling. In comparation, the Epson ink cart for my printer would have lasted about 100. It is $50 per full 4 cart set or about $1,000 by now if I stuck with Epson only.

So $50 for refurbished Epson C88, $50 for that CIS, and $10 for generic no name dye based ink from eBay or about $110 total and I've saved $1,000 already. And FYI, Epson generally used pigment based ink but dye worked just fine for me and it seems cheaper on eBay.

The only drawback is once in a while (once every 2 or 3 months), I may need to "recharge" the ink cart by inserting the syringe to suck out air and force ink to flow in. 2 came included with my kit, one got lost eventually. No big deal, my Grandpa has diabetes and uses injection, I can always get syringe off him if I lose my other one.

CIS is available for many modern Canon, Epson, and HP ink jet printer. If you don't see one for your printer, it is possible to hack one but not all printer will work well. Older printer that didn't use timing or required chip resetters would be easier to hack but it may not be practical to (for example) hack a 15 year old printer that has permanent printer head.

I have not seen any CIS for Dell/Lexmark or Kodak inkjet printer. Many Apple inkjet printer are based on other printer engine or simply rebranded.

Attachments

• DSC00550.JPG
    DSC00550.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 191
I was getting tired of buying expensive ink for my Cannon MFP inkjet even on sale. For how little printing I do it was rediculous how much ink was used, and I do 99% B&W printing. I'd only bought two sets I think but it irked me not just how much it cost but how damn fast it was used up. Older HP inkjets lasted foreeeeever. I remember your other thread about refillable and resettable cartridges SSS. Anyhow I recently got, for $30 after Staples MIR and coupon, an inexpensive HP personal Laserjet. The b&w laser 600 DPI is noticably sharper than the inkjet 600 DPI and end cost is less than a set of cartridges even if I toss it after using the starter toner I'll be ahead. New non-HO toners are like $35, still less than a set of cartridges. So the Cannon MFP is now purely for scan, fax, and the rare color with the HP for regular printing.

I'll certainly keep up to date on this thread but for now my inkjet cartridge hell is taken care of.

how does that system work with printers that arent used much? im talking a few pics docs a week if that. does it dry up, lose quality like remanufactured cartridges do?

Back