• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X4 955 overclocked to 6696MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
at that frequency would it be possible for a few bugs.

the am2+ thing is due to cpu-z needing a upgrade-update.

the 2 cores maybe they disable 2 of them to get a better clock speed?

I think...It will show up as AM2+ if that is the IMC it is using. So this would be taken in an AM2+ board with DDR2 memory. But the 2 cores... is kind of strange.

thats not the only thing missing, where is vcore????????:eh?: Also notice under cache all values are 2 x except for the L3....should'nt they be 3 x ????????????
That's a cut off the CPU-Z validation page - notice the check-mark in the bottom left corner? No vCore allowed! :)

As for the rest - my guess is CPU-Z hasn't caught up to the 955 yet but jonspd may be right. I've never heard of a way to disable cores but ... :shrug:

Go talk to Chew or Msi at Xs, one of them had this happen with a high oc on a 720. It was like it forgot it was a tricore or somthing, and just lost one of its cores.

Ill have to find the post. (this may take a while)

*edit* no luck must have gotten lost when xs was down:(

Last edited:
Go talk to Chew or Msi at Xs, one of them had this happen with a high oc on a 720. It was like it forgot it was a tricore or somthing, and just lost one of its cores.

Ill have to find the post. (this may take a while)

*edit* no luck must have gotten lost when xs was down:(

No need to search. I was running very high volts ON air IIRC pushing for a really high validation, crashed rebooted and AOD was showing only 1 core.....which overclocked quite well I might add but fearing losing the chip I shut down, cleared Cmos and to this day it is still alive.......

However what is used in that screenshot is called down core......likely a DFI board.....they probably shut of 2 cores......personally IMHO not impressive.......but whatever floats your boat.....seems He submitted it to HW bot and they deleted it.....

Yea - just discussing that in another thread. The worst part is, I've even got one of those boards and never knew it was there - thought it was part of C1E. What does a Cruncher care about power savings if it downgrades the processing power of a rig?

Definitely! Four cores is much tougher to make than two ...! :)

Back