• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

makin sure no leakage from block??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerd4life

ok,

im about to order a maze1 fcpga copper block from danager den, with the 3/8" connections along with a radiator that also has 3/8" outlets. how do i make sure that when i connect and clamp down the tubes goin to the cpu, that the things wont leak??

i connected some rubber tubing onto copper tubing once and it leaked, so obviously im concernec.

also, i have a celery 766 with epox 3kha board. anyone have a better choice for the water block??

thanx

o ya, wat is a peltier for?? i figure its to ensure no condensation... do i need one??

all you need to do to make sure your new water system is not going to leak, is to hook it up...not actually on your mobo/cpu...just sitting somewhere so you can run it for a few days...that way, if it DOES leak..then no damage done.
If you connect Rubber Tubing to Copper line..ALWAYS USE HOSE CLAMPS...

A peltier is a device that actively cools...It draws heat from one side (making it cold) and releases it on the other side(making it hot), and pelts will PRODUCE Condensation. Id you use a pelt, you will want to "moisture proof" your cpu socket and mobo...there are alot of threads here on water cooling...I suggest you read some of those...

Back