• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Simple Printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Hi, I'm looking for a cheap simple printer mainly for word documents etc! No photos no pictures or anything like that. Decent word document quality and would be good if cartridges were cheap as well!

Cheers

IF you intend to print often pick up a laser printer.

I bought a HL-1440 in early 2004 for about $125. Also bought a 6,000 page replacement cartridge for $50. I am still on the starter cartridge LOL

IF you intend to print often pick up a laser printer.

I bought a HL-1440 in early 2004 for about $125. Also bought a 6,000 page replacement cartridge for $50. I am still on the starter cartridge LOL

Yea, laser is the way to go if your gonna print alot. I haven't got one yet, but our next one will probably be laser, ink jet is too expensive. Its at the point were buying a new inkjet printer with a scanner is cheaper than the ink. Weve bought 3 new printers in the last 2.5 years all cheaper than it would have cost for the ink. After thers not much to do with them but take em apart. I love breaking things.

Man i needa get a laser printer. :)

I have Brother laser printers. One I bought for $80 (network version) and one for $60. They both have been great. They are much more dependable than the ink jets as well as costing less to operate.

R7 :beer:

No laser thanks guys!

Cheap printer £30~ Really basic, wont be used every day!

Cheers :)

For that much it doesn't really matter, its a throw away printer as it will cost more than the printer to fill it back up with ink. Just head to your equivalent of walmart and get something cheap.

Back