• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-920 Finally Found a Golden one!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
Current Setup:
Asus p6t-deluxe v2 w/ v1 bios
Patriot Extreme Memory 6GB
TRUE with push/pull noctua fans

Well, as you all know I have been going through i7-920's like cake here. So far, my max bclk on the different chips that I went through:
My first Newegg 920-C0 = max bclk 192
Second C0 bought locally = max bclk 202
MIAHALLENS Japanese D0 = max bclk 218
My latest Japanse D0!!! = max bclk 215

My latest arrivals to the D32 testing ground! lol
cpus.jpg

Prime Stable Settings:

prime45.jpg

216 X 21 - 4.54 GHz
vcore = 1.39
pll = 1.96
qpi = 1.35
dram = 1.65
ram - 9-9-9-24, 1T

HYPER THREADING ENABLED! 8 Threads baby!

So, I am pretty sure the bclk issue is both a combination of cpu and motherboard. I may try and use the EVGA classified to try and get a few more ponies out of this latest chip that I got my hands on. Let me tell you guys. I am prime, 3d, and bench stable at 4.54 GHz and 1.38 vcore. This latest chip is incredible and I have definitely come to the conclusion that if this puppy had an unlocked multi I would be 4.9 to 5.0 Ghz on air! PS- temperatures are identical on the new cpu, about 80 to 85*C load and 40 to 50*C idle.

Let the results come:

3dm06.jpg

3dm05.jpg

I have some really nice SuperPi32m results for you guys:

pi1m.jpg

Raised NB clock and mem speed a hair. ;) Shave a good 30 seconds off 32m:

pi32new.jpg

*** reserved**

Last edited:
Very nice! :D I'm loving the BCLK's peoples are getting out of these D0's

I think I'm definitely gonna have to get me one of them :D lol

Why does it say i7 975? Is that just what it records i7 920 D0's as?

I'm likin' those numbers! Sure wish I could afford a nice new 1366 setup.

Why does it say i7 975? Is that just what it records i7 920 D0's as?

I'm likin' those numbers! Sure wish I could afford a nice new 1366 setup.

Futuremark reports as a 975 for some reason. Take a look at CPUZ, that displays 920, and the stepping. I have some really nice SuperPi32m results for you guys:

pi32.jpg

pi1m.jpg

Prime Stable Settings:

prime45.jpg

216 X 21 - 4.54 GHz
vcore = 1.39
pll = 1.96
qpi = 1.35
dram = 1.65
ram - 9-9-9-24, 1T

HYPER THREADING ENABLED! 8 Threads baby!

Trying to get it there with the least amount of effort first bud.

Dom

Ah ok. Try running 20 passes of LinX to see if it's "stable" with the current voltages. As much as I hate the whole "stability" debate, I've found LinX to be a lot more efficent and faster then running P95 for hours on end :rolleyes:

Ah ok. Try running 20 passes of LinX to see if it's "stable" with the current voltages. As much as I hate the whole "stability" debate, I've found LinX to be a lot more efficent and faster then running P95 for hours on end :rolleyes:

Than leave this discussion, you always have something negative to say in my threads. I have been OC'ing a long time my friend just like you. You dont have to continue talking to me in all my threads in a condescending fashion. Linx, prime, who cares? I am not trying to get into a debate with you. I am simply sharing my results with all 4 of the 920's that I have had in my possession over the last 2 weeks. I use the term stable loosely right now, as I have no overnight or hours of priming or using Linx for that matter at all. We have been using orthos and prime for many years now as a standard for stability testing so I am fine continuing to use them.

Last edited:

lol, P95 for hours? notice his prime stable gif is 4 minutes stable.

Since that chip has passed plaid speeds. [yeah spaceballs reference]
I am curious what bandwidth that setup is making available. Stock the i7 produces something like 25.6GB/s. If you passed 40GB/s. I would soil my pants. Even at 35GB/s, that would make my jaw drop.

Last edited:
whoa....4.5ghz...
enough said :p
is 80 degrees Load ok for i7s?
i know it's not that good for Core 2s, but what am i to say.

Back