• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE8 not what i thought!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danbroke

Well i switch too IE8 and not impressed some places that i go too telling me i need too up grade too IE7 because im using IE6?? And a lot of sites just kick out IE and have too restart with no win.:mad: But help on mine is telling me its IE8. Anyone having same issues? Or fixes? Or anything too add? Im running vista 64 sp1.:bang head

Well i switch too IE8 and not impressed some places that i go too telling me i need too up grade too IE7 because im using IE6?? And a lot of sites just kick out IE and have too restart with no win.:mad: But help on mine is telling me its IE8. Anyone having same issues? Or fixes? Or anything too add? Im running vista 64 sp1.:bang head

What sites were you going to that said those messages? IE8 is working great for me and haven't run into compatibility problems yet (although some websites render incorrectly)

ou_phidelt said:

Yeah? I'm saying that IE8 doesn't run in IE7 compatibility mode (thus running a different layout engine). Not that websites are incompatible with IE8 because of web site design, because there are some.

Anyways I'm just testing it and it seems really stable now, which wasn't the case when Beta 2 and RC1 came out.

Well as far as i know its my aol mail, hulu, tagged "like a myspace" Ive only had it for a few hours. Most of the time it comes up with a box that has the "Internet Exploerer has stopped working" Can i redownload it? I dought i can go back to IE7? I just have a really unstable IE and its no fun!

ya sorry firefox i ment!
I got rid of IE8 like u said i thing the IE7 better for me as of right now! I would think they be working them kinks out but guess not! Took me forever too get ie7 worked out! LOL!

Sweet! thanks redduc900, I have had the firefox for a while when i was having problems with ie7 but could never the the flash player too work!

Back