Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SETI farms should be illegal

Only because I'm so jealous of guys like TC, Rogerdugans and Godfodda who are crunching anywhere from 5 to 10 times more WUs *per day* than I can with my two machines! When I, eventually, get bumped out of the top 50, I think I'll take my WUs and go home (just kidding). Keep crunching and I'll keep (reluctantly) eating your dust.
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 01-22-02 at 09:22 PM.

at least you have a herb garden
    i have a pot plant

just the one machine

I shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those other guys or any of the other big dogs. It's disrespectful to them.

i only have one but it seems to just keep on growing
    see sig

I'm getting used to eating dust and I'm beggining to like it. I have now a spoon right behind me so that when noones is passing me by I just grab a spoonfull of dirt a shove it down my throat......

The people that have the resources/time/energy to have a farm should have one, as the more WU we all produce, the sooner we'll be in the top 25 teams of the world.
    Have you checked the Forum policies?!!!!! Do it now!!!!!
    Currently the 11th team in the world in SETI@Home II (aka S@H BOINC)
    Currently the 54th team in the world in Einstein@Home
    Join the ONLY team to crunch for!!!!!
    Now backed up by the Danish Jedi Alliance
    "We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them."

farms are good and they keep things interesting

So far it consists of

P3 1100E@1308
    P3 500@500 (Katami)
    Celeron 500@600
    Athlon 1000@1000 (at work)

getting about 12 WU's per day

Re: SETI farms should be illegal

Originally posted by DeltaSierra
    Only because I'm so jealous of guys like TC, Rogerdugans and Godfodda who are crunching anywhere from 5 to 10 times more WUs *per day* than I can with my two machines! When I, eventually, get bumped out of the top 50, I think I'll take my WUs and go home (just kidding). Keep crunching and I'll keep (reluctantly) eating your dust.
    You are just jealous...I am sitting in a room with about 100 P4's @ 1700MHz.
    Seti Cruncher
    AMD X2 4050e 2.77GHz@264Mhz FSB
    2x512mb Corsair XMS 5-5-5-18
    EVGA 260 GTX 702 MHz core / 1512 MHz shader / 1052 MHz Memory

No Off Button....Seti@home

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me... rogerdugans's Avatar
    Personally, I think blow dryers should be illegal- I have one that keeps shutting down my "cellar-net"!

Guess I need to grab a new breaker and run some wire.....

(I think there should be at least two blank lines between TC and me- he is right out of my league!)
    Still overclocked and running linux on watercooled computers after all these years.

Bah how do you feel about my 2 WU's a day from this machine!

Yodums
    Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Inactive Pokémon Moderator JigPu's Avatar
    Originally posted by Yodums
    Bah how do you feel about my 2 WU's a day from this machine!

Yodums
    Or MY one WU per day?? Wait... I got a friend with a P4 crunching for me too... Well, I just got a franchise of potted plants

Just remeber.... There's always a slower cruncher than yours....

...though, I still have to find this mystical person who's slower than me... He has to be here SOMEWHERE!!

JigPu
    .... ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    .... Intel Core i5 2500 ........................ 4 thread ...... 3300 MHz ......... -0.125 V
    2x ASUS GTX 560 Ti ............................... 1 GiB ....... 830 MHz ...... 2004 MHz
    .... G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage ............. 8 GiB ..... 1600 MHz ............ 1.25 V
    .... OCZ Vertex 3 ................................. 120 GB ............. nilfs2 ..... Arch Linux
    .... Kingwin LZP-550 .............................. 550 W ........ 94% Eff. ....... 80+ Plat
    .... Nocuta NH-D14 ................................ 20 dB ..... 0.35 C°/W ................ 7 V

"In order to combat power supply concerns, Nvidia has declared that G80 will be the first graphics card in the world to run entirely off of the souls of dead babies. This will make running the G80 much cheaper for the average end user."
    "GeForce 8 Series." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 7 Aug 2006, 20:59 UTC. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 8 Aug 2006.

Don't let my wife hear you all talking like this...she may get the crazy idea that I don't "need" 10 machines around the house! At least my work machines would still be OK.

Cy

Ya but then you say... "All machines are working, < START The crazy acting> THEY ARE ALL CRUNCHING SETI" then your wife will backup slowly and get you something to cool off

haha

Yodums
    Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Originally posted by JigPu

Or MY one WU per day?? Wait... I got a friend with a P4 crunching for me too... Well, I just got a franchise of potted plants

Just remeber.... There's always a slower cruncher than yours....

...though, I still have to find this mystical person who's slower than me... He has to be here SOMEWHERE!!

JigPu
    I haerd about a guy who was crunching on a 486 with floppy swapping...had about 1 WU every 2.5 days

not in this forum tho'

Give me a break Senior
    Originally posted by deez

I haerd about a guy who was crunching on a 486 with floppy swapping...had about 1 WU every 2.5 days

not in this forum tho'
    That's gotta be one helluva 486 I did some rough numbers in my head and concluded my 6x86 @ 133mhz would take that long, or longer.
    Thank you Baby. I love you.

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior Morpheus's Avatar
    P166MMX runs about 40-48 hrs depending on mobo chipset... I have benchmarked many of these with 64 & 32 Mb of RAM...

I dunno about that 486, but it sounds like something may be awry...
    Kris

Notice to signature reader: The entire physical universe, including
    this signature, may one day collapse back into an infinitesimally
    small space. Should another universe subsequently re-emerge,
    the absence of this signature in that universe cannot be guaranteed.

OverClocking the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence

maybe it was longer than that...or it could have been a P100

*scratch scratch* cant really remember...maybe I can dig up the article

well here is one article but i dont think it mentions a certain CPU....just instructions http://plaza.powersurfr.com/dan.mckay/dlssseti.htm

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior Morpheus's Avatar
    Deez...

I got it... the 486 probably used SETI client v1.0 or v2.0... they were MUCH faster... and my benchies were last spring using v3.03...

I would belive 2.5 days on the earlier client... my P3-650 chewed up WUs@about 5.5-6.5 hours on V2.1...
    Kris

Notice to signature reader: The entire physical universe, including
    this signature, may one day collapse back into an infinitesimally
    small space. Should another universe subsequently re-emerge,
    the absence of this signature in that universe cannot be guaranteed.

OverClocking the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence

Give me a break Senior
    Originally posted by Morpheus
    Deez...

I got it... the 486 probably used SETI client v1.0 or v2.0... they were MUCH faster... and my benchies were last spring using v3.03...

I would belive 2.5 days on the earlier client... my P3-650 chewed up WUs@about 5.5-6.5 hours on V2.1...
    I assume the new(ish) client is slower because it's more effective instead of just being slower, yes/no??
    Thank you Baby. I love you.

Originally posted by eobard

I assume the new(ish) client is slower because it's more effective instead of just being slower, yes/no??
    In a nutshell yes - it adds a few more tests I believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast