• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI farms should be illegal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey,

Lets all pretend we didnt actually read that "SETI farms should be illegal".

OK, cool. Now I can start throwing parts in these 2 new cases that were delivered today. :)

They wont be screamers. I still have lots of Intel parts to make busy before I can start drooling over the XP's.

This seti farm tried to self-destruct this week, or at least part of it:
my dual p3's mobo burnt a trace out and was showing 15.54volts!!!!! Psu checked at 12 so I left it running....same way I trace short circuits in a car or bike: wait till it burns out.

Well, I now know why the thing was crashing all week! It is now (hopefully) repaired; I'll have to test a while, and then, with luck, I can oc it again.

I love my soldering iron:cool:

Wookie8662: My sincere apologies if I offended you, or anyone else, with my "SETI farms should be illegal." I intended the comment to be a combination joke as well as a compliment to the OC team members who put in a great deal of time, effort and resources to make this team such a productive and cohesive group. I also hoped to throw a few members off guard so that when I bring on another cruncher I can surprise them by closing the gap between me and them (rogerdugans, toomnymods and most recently, Johnsin from Taiwan). I guess I just have to learn that my tongue-in-cheek sense of humor doesn't work well in the written word.

JigPu said:

Just remeber.... There's always a slower cruncher than yours....

...though, I still have to find this mystical person who's slower than me... He has to be here SOMEWHERE!! :rolleyes: :D :D

JigPu

Here you have someone that's crunching slower than you.....my grilfriend with her powerfull PMMX work PC.....

Mictlan said:

Here you have someone that's crunching slower than you.....my grilfriend with her powerfull PMMX work PC.....
YEA!!!!!!!! You have found this mystical person who can actually crunch slower than me!! :D

[victory dance]WOOHOO!![/victory dance]

Guess that now I can allways look to your GF when I'm down about my pooter... But who will SHE look to? :eek: :)

JigPu

DeltaSierra said:
I guess I just have to learn that my tongue-in-cheek sense of humor doesn't work well in the written word.

I've had a couple of problems with this as well <LOL>

But that is what communication is: not alway perfect understanding first time, but asking for clarification until the both parties ARE understood.

Now if only I could get this mobo to understand me.........................

Basher said:

And why does she not belong to this group? :) :) :)

Haven't coaxed yet to do it.....I can sneak and ask for her password but it would be delivered to her e-mail.....and then just when she doesn't notice extract it and make her join us :D :D :D

I won't be doing that one

DeltaSierra said:
Wookie8662: My sincere apologies if I offended you, or anyone else, with my "SETI farms should be illegal." I intended the comment to be a combination joke as well as a compliment to the OC team members who put in a great deal of time, effort and resources to make this team such a productive and cohesive group. I also hoped to throw a few members off guard so that when I bring on another cruncher I can surprise them by closing the gap between me and them (rogerdugans, toomnymods and most recently, Johnsin from Taiwan). I guess I just have to learn that my tongue-in-cheek sense of humor doesn't work well in the written word.

Heh, no offense taken.
It's pretty hard to get me all riled up.
Unless your name is Bill Gates :D

Wookie8662 said:
It's pretty hard to get me all riled up.

Well in that case lemme ask this: Do you expect us to believe that there were 8661 people named Wookie on this board before you joined???

eobard said:

Well in that case lemme ask this: Do you expect us to believe that there were 8661 people named Wookie on this board before you joined???

Nope, but there is a Wookie almost everywhere.
So, I added the 8662 (phone language for TOMB, short for TOMBSTONE) to my userid. I used Wookie on all the older MBBS systems, before the internet became "the place" to chat.

I havent checked here yet, but I'm almost sure there was a Wookie here at one time. Almost always is.

Wookie8662 said:
I'm almost sure there was a Wookie here at one time. Almost always is.

Then how come there's never a wookie around when you need one? Why just last week....

:D

Back