• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you switched to T32monkeys yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like MPC have started switching early. There may be lessons to be learned from this (still worried we didn't switch early enough but, that said, we do have a few hours before it officially starts).

MPC 160 k this update
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=233720

T32 94 k this update
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=235050

Mutsu (http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=16330) hasn't slowed down any so MPC's points seem to be mainly 'normal' folders and farmers for now.

can't I just put the T32monkeys in the config and on the next unit it will switch?

can't I just put the T32monkeys in the config and on the next unit it will switch?

To be on the safe side:

1) Put in T32monkeys in the config user name
2) click on the OK button
3) Quit the client, and wait 30 seconds
4) Restart the client.

That's what I did. I'm not sure about the systray client, but in all the other clients, the user's folding name is read *only* when the client starts up. If you change it and don't stop and re-start the client, it won't be changed.

Note: FahMon will show the "old" folding handle, after a change in mid-wu, even if you have it "reload the client", until you either erase "unitinfo.txt" or start the next wu. Then it will change the folding name to the new one.

Look at the fahlog.txt file, right after you re-start it, to confirm the correct name for the wu.

Last edited:
All switched to T32monkeys by 0700CST.

Be sure to check the spelling in log after restarting. I found one where I had typed Tt32monkeys.

To be on the safe side:

1) Put in T32monkeys in the config user name
2) click on the OK button
3) Quit the client, and wait 30 seconds
4) Restart the client.

That's what I did. I'm not sure about the systray client, but in all the other clients, the user's folding name is read *only* when the client starts up. If you change it and don't stop and re-start the client, it won't be changed.

Note: FahMon will show the "old" folding handle, after a change in mid-wu, even if you have it "reload the client", until you either erase "unitinfo.txt" or start the next wu. Then it will change the folding name to the new one.

Look at the fahlog.txt file, right after you re-start it, to confirm the correct name for the wu.

tanks

Personally I'd do it in this order:
Stop the client, change the config, restart the client.
After doing this over and over through the years, I leave a -config shortcut on the desktop even on machines running the client as a service. It works the same way, Stop the service, run the -config, restart the service. In the old days you needed to change configs pretty often to get the best WUs.

SInce everybody needs to edit back to their user name, you might want to make the -config shortcut now.

well i guess i will jump in and help some i have been out of the loop so what do two 4870's make in PPD anyways?

If you haven't switched yet,

GO!! GO!!! GO!!!!

The points you are earning now will probably be the ones that show up at the start of the race! Make sure they are for "T32monkeys" !!!

well i guess i will jump in and help some i have been out of the loop so what do two 4870's make in PPD anyways?

My 4870 gets 3000ppd, depending on the work unit mix. :)

Edit: Currently at 4479ppd!

Last edited:

Hey... long time no see Rp! :)

Something just drew you into the forums today didn't it... it's just that irresistable urge to get your monkey on isn't it. :D

Hey... long time no see Rp! :)

Something just drew you into the forums today didn't it... it's just that irresistable urge to get your monkey on isn't it. :D

mabey :p and i will try and throw every thing i can yalls way cause other than my 4870's i may can get 3 of my friends to help which would be 2 more 4870's and a 8800gts 320mb

Just started an SMP client on my main rig. At least it will stop me from gaming when I'm supposed to be doing revision lol

I have 6 gpu's that have been switched as of 9 pm last night.

If anybody else is using a PS3 what sort of points are you getting on you're WU's. I keep getting landed with 255pointers for 6.5hours work :(

mabey :p and i will try and throw every thing i can yalls way cause other than my 4870's i may can get 3 of my friends to help which would be 2 more 4870's and a 8800gts 320mb

We can use all we can get Rp! :) Wish we had a better guide on optimizing the ATI client... I'd help you but I'm not familiar with the ATI side of GPU Folding.

Again, nice to see you back in action bro! :)

Back