• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Game Is Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know we've all been let down many a time by superhero/movie tie-in games. THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH THE NEW WOLVERINE GAME! Check out this montage:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48752.html

Wolverine is finally portrayed as he SHOULD be!!

I dunno. I thought Wolverine was portrayed just fine in the Xmen game on the Genesis. Then he was portrayed fine again on his PC debut. (Least the first PC game he had that didn't suck.) He was portrayed wonderfully in the Xmen and Xmen Vs. and Marvel Superheroes vs. games as well...

Hell... when WASN'T Wolverine portrayed well?

I'm kinda tired of playing well-portrayed Wolverine actually...

(For reference: Hulk was only portrayed well ONCE... and even then he didn't have anybody to fight.)

I dunno. I thought Wolverine was portrayed just fine in the Xmen game on the Genesis. Then he was portrayed fine again on his PC debut. (Least the first PC game he had that didn't suck.) He was portrayed wonderfully in the Xmen and Xmen Vs. and Marvel Superheroes vs. games as well...

(For reference: Hulk was only portrayed well ONCE... and even then he didn't have anybody to fight.)

I wasn't saying that Wolverine, himself, had never been portrayed well, but just stating that, with this new game, adamantium claws do what adamantium claws are supposed to do.

I watched my brother playing the demo last night with his mouth gaping open.

this game is awesome especially storyline i am having a blast with this game, more in depth i like it :D

i have it for 360, just now i need gold account cause i cant play multiplayer with silver :X lol

I thought it was just another generic platform beat em up film license. Maybe its just me who doesnt get all excited at the thought of Wolverine in a game?

I thought it was just another generic platform beat em up film license. Maybe its just me who doesnt get all excited at the thought of Wolverine in a game?

Really?

Just played the demo off PSN.

I like... but I'm not in love.

I think the PC version that I have is better. If only because I can pop and retract the claws at will. (Hell... you could even do that on the genesis X-men game...)

It's very reminiscent of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (though Hulk had a much MUCH wider variety of moves that were funny).

I fear wolverine will suffer Hulk's fate though: Not enough competition.

Ultimate Destruction was just SILLY in that... the Hulk, over time, has fought EVERYBODY, yet so far... in all his games, he's fought NOBODY. In the comics he's fought Thor, Spiderman, Doctor Doom, and... oh yes... Wolverine. In the game he's fought the Abomination... over and over again.

In the games occasionally Wolverine has fought Sabretooth... and I think Lavendar Man... but maybe that's in an alternate dimension.

Yep, determined that 6 years ago when the game came out and this thread was last active :rofl:

Back