• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Phenom II overclocking chart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like it would hold true for Phenom Is as well. Maybe you ought to relable it to be more inclusive.

voltage would be cool if you could add a rough set for each

I could add a rough set but each chip is so unique that imo it takes away from the fun. Don't get me wrong I respect the amount of work Dolk has put into his guide and I have used it. Also with the 965BE @ 3.4Ghz just around the corner and talks of a 975, 985 and 995 (995 possibly going up to 4.0Ghz) all on quite possibly 1.325V the voltage guidelines fall apart quickly. If a new revision comes out this could also dramtically change any rough voltage guidelines. I hope you can see where I'm going with this. I could put in rough voltages now and change them as the Phenom II ages but the point of the chart was so I could print it out and change settings in the bios without beating up a calculator ;). I also use it for "check's and X's", a little scratch pad of known settings that work and don't work. I still use the old fashioned trail and error to find where it needs more voltage, and by doing so I keep the voltage, heat and electric bill minimized, or that's the idea anyway.

I'm for leaving the voltages out - mostly for the reason you've mentioned but also because voltage, or rather safe voltage, has as much to do with core temps as anything else ... ;)

Very nice reference chart, thanks for sharing. Very helpful in cross referencing clock with ram speed.

Tony

Hmmm this seems stirctly for AM3 sockets with DDR3... you could make this relevant for both AM3 and AM2+ with either DDR3/DDR2 if you just widen the ranges of the NB multi and ram ratios. So the if you could do this... the new ranges would be:

200mhz -> 300mhz Bus
8x -> 12x NB multi (since some people's NB on an AM2+ can't handle really high NB frequencies when bumping up the bus freq.)
and add 2:1, and 8:3 ram ratios.

Then again correct me if I am wrong about this... lol

Awesome! Thanks for the update... I am gonna print this, it'll be very helpful so I don't have to boot up and check CPU-z every time lol.

wow thankyou very much, its gonna help me alot in OC'ing, tho I have found stable setting but still I like to try other setting and this help alot

Very nice. I always liked charts like this.

I am sure you just helped a few peeps with a good quick reference.

Is there anyway, it could go to something like 12 or 13 for cpu-nb multi? I suppose not a lot of people use that high, but for those that do, it's nice to have.

Your welcome. On a side note I ditched Excel for OpenOffice and I'm impressed, a lot less bloated, has many of the same features (works the same for me), and the price is right :).

Back