• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing Windows 7 RC watermark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

Any one have a link to an app that will actually remove it?
I have downloaded and tried several things that supposedly work, but error out and say that I have to run it with admin privileges. I am doing that but it still throws the error everytime..

Not to be intrusive, but why would you want to remove it? >.>

Just to not have to look at it on the background?

Referring to the watermark that says:

Windows 7
Evaluation copy. Build 7100

In the bottom right hand corner of the desktop

you right click on it and choose run as admin?

you could try and lower the security level of the UAC warning system or disable it under msconfig, run the tool and then re-enable.

you right click on it and choose run as admin?

you could try and lower the security level of the UAC warning system or disable it under msconfig, run the tool and then re-enable.

Yeah, I ran it as admin. Doesn't make a difference. I ran it the first time without running as administrator and it threw the error so i went back and did a right click and told it to run as admin and it still gave the same error. I haven't tried lowering UAC yet. I just downloaded the file that Gods_oMekone linked and gonna give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll try knocking UAC back.

Back