• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake XaserIII pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibz117

does anyone have any pics of the harddrive bays on a thermaltake xaserIII. imtrying to find out what wires to use. im currently using IDE drives, but the cables are too big for the case. i have to force the front edge of the side of the case just to get it to close. im upgrading to sata soon, and that shouldnt be a problem right. right now i have the hdd in the 3.5" floppy bays.

Hiya gibz117

Here are a couple pics from a number of years back. Not sure why you're having a tough time with the drives...the case had issues (converted it to water then got rid of it a couple years back) but that wasn't one of them for me.

Good luck!
-funsoul

PS- this was a dual-xeon setup with some funky ducting (which definitely worked very well, btw). fbf (fugly but functional)

Attachments

• sidebackview.jpg
    sidebackview.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 193
  • sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 201
the problem im having is that when i have my IDE drives in the easy access bays, the ide cable interferes with the side panel. i have to push the cable down and shove the side on just toget it to close. but imafraid that ill rip some of the wires ontheide cable.

p.s. i have round ide cables. not ribbon. would ribbon help with this issue. ill get pics soon.

hmmmm....I'm a little confused. If you could post some pics am sure something could be figured out. If you've got some ribbon cables lying around may as will give it a try.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one still using the trusty Xaser III. Howerver, if you do some fancy folding with your ribbon cables, it should work fine. I have found round cables to be more trouble than they are worth.

Back