• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on getting a new PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boule

Registered
So I'm getting a new PSU for a new rig...
I usually go for Antec, but this time I'm thinking of a corsair, either the CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W or the CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W.

Any suggestions ?

A phenom II X4 955 BE, and a good graphic card (eithre 4850x2 or Xfire 2x4770, the jury is still out, any advice on that :p), a X-Fi sound card, maybe a TV tuner and a bunch of drives (like 8)

A phenom II X4 955 BE, and a good graphic card (eithre 4850x2 or Xfire 2x4770, the jury is still out, any advice on that :p), a X-Fi sound card, maybe a TV tuner and a bunch of drives (like 8)

Boule,

I'm not a fan of SLI for what you get out of it unless you are benchmarking. Would a single 4870 or 4890 suits your needs? Or perhaps a single 260,280,285? Are you committed to SLI for any specific reason?

So I'm getting a new PSU for a new rig...
I usually go for Antec, but this time I'm thinking of a corsair, either the CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W or the CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W.

Any suggestions ?

I just popped for a Corsair HX and frankly I'm very pleased. I swapped out an Antec TP Quatro 1000 for it. The HX's fit and finish are great, delivery and stabilty are just as good. It's the first modular I've had that actually came with enough cables of differing configurations.

the 2x 4770 only beat single 4890 after oc-ed, while the 4890 is at stocked, now, don't you think 4890 would oc nicely as well?

Back