• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Insane one off water block...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zagi

Was talking to a friend of mine and we got onto the topic of waterblocks. This is his... Made by "scopedog" in NYC. To his knowledge the guy has only made 10 or 12 of them.

I'll try to describe how it works... Two of the ports are inlets. The rest branch off to the GPU, chipset, and directly back to the reservoir. I can't imagine that the temps are spectacular... but MAN does it look nice... The mounting arms are interchangeable for different sockets. He got it for $3 :drool:

cimg1272r.jpg

cimg1283x.jpg

cimg1384b.jpg

Is that not crazy?

Last edited:
it sure does look neat. and for $3 thats a giveaway! can we get a internal shot?

Well, I don't see any great preformance from this but yeah, it does look kind of cool. I doubt that flow setup is optimal, I think Cathar proved that for example two outlets on a block won't have any benefit over three? Also, the water would take the path out offering the least preformance, so not only will you have a waterblock that isn't designed for preformance (Honestly I have no idea how well THIS block works, keep in mind) but it will also reduce the preformace of the rest of your cooling system IMO. For $3 I guess it can't be beat though :santa:

I agree that it *kind of* ( not in my taste) looks cool, but I also see that if one of the outlets goes to a very restrictive gpu block, the higher pressure will force the majority of the water to move in the path of least resistance and let you gpu heat up nice and toasty. Atleast that is my understanding... :screwy:

Good stuff, I think I saw this a few years ago posted somewhere, it's certainly interesting.

it sure does look neat. and for $3 thats a giveaway! can we get a internal shot?

He said Ok.. I'll post them when I get them :) Also, I just found out this was made in 2005. The official name is "Scopeworks: Cerberus WB1"

Last edited:
I would have to admit that it would look nice in a case all lite up, but going to have to go with everyone else on that performance.

Thanks guys :)

Cerberus was a waterblock idea I had a few years ago when I was knee deep in the modding scene. I always had a knack for building so I thought I would create something unique. At the time I enlisted a buddy of mine with a full machine shop to make 10 for me (I sent him the drawings with all the specs)...there was no way I could reach the level of accuracy with my mill at home.

So, the one pictured in Zagi's first post is the prototype which is actually very different than the 10 made. I sent the prototype to get "officially" tested and we found out that it actually performed decently. Based off of those tests I revised the drawings and my friend made me 10 of the v2 waterblocks. I never got to test those, but I'm thinking they probably perform better than the prototype. I sold 8 of them and kept 2 for myself...and the rest as they say is history...

At the time I got so much slack from the watercooling community about it. A bunch of emails and PMs, and I've learned to largely ignore most of it. Its very easy for someone to regurgitate what others say, but if you practice what you preach then I value your opinion.

Learned a ton making them, and had a complete blast doing it. Ultimately that's what its about. Thanks for posting this Zagi...awesome trip down memory lane :)

I'll see if I can dig around for some more pics..

Back