• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choosing A Tuner/cap/tv Card -pci Express 16( I Think ), tv card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikezilla2

Registered
well at this stage im not sure what kind / brand of card i want i was using a winfast DTV 2000 H but in the end it ended up corrupting windows that and the air flow near my 8800 GTS wasnt too good , so basically what im after now is a card that can record digital tv ( HD ?)( maybe two shows at once ? ) a card that has component and HDMI / S video inputs for recording PS2/PS3 game play ( yes im aware there might be some lag how bad will it be? ) and an airl input lol and im guessing ad skipping is given with the software that it comes with ? so yea looking for one that's reliable and wont conflict with my ASUS M2V Motherboard and is priced well ( maybe just the HDMI ports and tv recording ? ) please recommend me more then one card if you can and tho it may not matter the montier im using is native 1080P brvia Z ( 1920X1080P ) im guessing iv given too much info !( using XP pro on a desktop )

Sorry that you haven't received help yet. The HTPC forum isn't one of the most active forums here. An additional factor in your not receiving of help might be the confusing nature of your topic statement and the post content. I came in to try and find out what you were actually looking for and gave up due to the meandering topic of the post and sentences that look like run-ons to me.

so you want a TV tuner with the following attributes:
-pci-e (i believe any pci-e card will work in a x16 slot)
-record digital tv (could your old card do this? I thought recording DTV was basically . restricted by the cable companies? Do you mean over the air stuff?)
-has component and HDMI/S-video inpiuts
-an airl input (i don't know what this is)

I would guess that AVS forums would be where you would more likely be able to gather information on this topic

Sorry that you haven't received help yet. The HTPC forum isn't one of the most active forums here. An additional factor in your not receiving of help might be the confusing nature of your topic statement and the post content. I came in to try and find out what you were actually looking for and gave up due to the meandering topic of the post and sentences that look like run-ons to me.

so you want a TV tuner with the following attributes:
-pci-e (i believe any pci-e card will work in a x16 slot)
-record digital tv (could your old card do this? I thought recording DTV was basically . restricted by the cable companies? Do you mean over the air stuff?)
-has component and HDMI/S-video inpiuts
-an airl input (i don't know what this is)( Annetta)

I would guess that AVS forums would be where you would more likely be able to gather information on this topic

and i just mean local stuff - i have cable but its a few floors down from me so theres no eay of doing that . but yea you pretty much summed it up . any ideas on were better to post this on OC ? and card info ?

thx yea but im after a PCIE express 16 card ...... new egg probbly isnt the best place for me to buy ether with the exchange rate ......

tv tuner cards dont need to be PCIe x16 times, most are only PCIe 1 or 2x

check our Avermedia PCIe TV tuners great cards, i did alot of research on tv tuner cards a while back and whle Happauge gets praised, they get hit hard with driver support for new OS's, where as Avermedia cards seemed to get good ranks on keeping up with drivers for old and new os's.

Back