• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help overclocking e6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jfisher007

I have an c2d e6600 (watercooled) and asus p5b-e mobo with 2 x 2GB Mushkin DDR2-800 em2-6400 (5-5-5-12; 1.8V). I set up a 1:1 ratio between DDR2 and FSB. I upped the FSB to 375 Mhz which gave me a DDR2-750 MHz and I put the manufacturer 1.8V on the ram. I also upped the vcore voltage to 1.3250V and got a BSOD when loading to windows log on screen. What am I doing wrong? Should I up the vcore a notch? I don't think I should have any temp problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: Awesome forum and the C2D guide is very, very detailed and helpful.

Thanks for now

You'll definitely need abit more Vcore - take it up a couple of bumps.
It would be helpful if you would list your complete hardware specs in a sig.

i oc my e6600 to 375 FSB DDR2-750 and vcore of 1.3875V. It booted to Windows, no BSOD but prime95 failed instantly with error:

Fatal Error: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Now upon boot up, the POST messages says that there is only one single channel pc2-4300. What can be causing this?

Thanks for all suggestions.

You may need to increase the northbridge voltage as well, IIRC I'm using 1.45V for mine on my P5B-D. I'd keep increasing the vcore until you're more stable. As for the ram issue, clear the CMOS and see if that solves the issue... I'm thinking that that might be a sign to use more northbridge voltage.

Good luck, and :welcome: to the forums!

Agreed with Burdman. Also, double check your ram slots that you didn't actually knock something loose. It happens sometimes, this could be the cause of many of your troubles as well.

Back